Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: polygamy

an afgan muslim girl setted in Britton was killed by her husband by pushing from the balcony by her husband for objecting to polygamy
    do you thing polygamy to be alloewd ?ray:
    u make me happy

What has this story got to do with polygamy? You are a cunning piece dsjeya
    Dream, I do.

her husband the killer pleaded he has religious sanction for polygamy
    u make me happy

He's not cunning piece he's just an anti-Islamic Piece... anyway Dsjeya, Just by one incident you wanna shatter the and blame the whole Islamic system... Y dont u check the statistics before blaming Muslims?, If you compare Hindus in India are ahead in polygamy when compared to Muslims.

The report of the 'Committee of The Status of Woman in Islam', published in 1975 mentions on page numbers 66,67 that the percentage of polygamous marriages between the year 1951 -1961 was 5.06 among the Hindus and only 4.31 among the Muslims. According to Indian law only Muslim men are permitted to have more than one wife. It is illegal for any non-Muslim in India to have more than one wife. Despite it being illegal, Hindus have more multiple wives as compared to the Muslim. One can imagine what would have been the percentage of polygamous marriages among the Hindus if the Indian government had made it legal for them. Earlier, there was no restriction even on Hindu men with respect to the number of wives allowed. It was only in 1954, when the Hindu Marriage Act was passed that it became illegal for a Hindu to have more than one wife. At present it is the Indian Law that restricts a Hindu man from having more than one wife and not the Hindu scriptures.

This one is By P.R. Ram, This extract is from chapter 5 ('Hindutva and the Exploited-Oppressed Sections of Society') of the book 'Fascism of the Sangh Parivar' published by EKTA (Committee for Communal Amity), 1999

Similarly, the myth of polygamy amongst the Muslims is also very firmly rooted in popular mind. The correlation of polygamy with increase in population is the most simplistic concoction to have taken grip of our psyche. Overall the number of children born depends on the number of women in the reproductive age group and is limited by that. On first count it is immaterial whether a man is having one or more wives as the total number of children depends on the number of women, which does not get influenced by polygamy. If at all, this number of women has more to do with the prevalence of social practice of female infanticide and 'bride burning' in the areas where the practice of extortion by parents of 'grooms' called dowry is prevalent. Secondly, the male/female ratio can not permit the 'luxury' of four wives to the Muslim males unless three-fourths (75%) of them go without marriage. As per 1981 census, the male/female ratio for Muslims was 1.068 and for Hindus was 1.072 i.e. for every 1000 Muslim females there are 1068 Muslim males. One has to conceive of gigantic mental acrobatics, in the light of these statistics, to believe that many a Muslim males can have four wives.

A slightly earlier but relevant statistics of polygamy (1961 census report) totally smashes the myth of Muslim polygamy, unless the social trends have worsened drastically, which obviously have not. As per this, the incidence of polygamy is highest among the Adivasis (15.25) followed by Buddhists (7.9), Jains (6.72), Hindus (5.80) and behold, followed by Muslims (5.70). Research carried out by Mallika B Mistry of Gokhle institute of Pune, concludes that "there is no evidence that the percentage of polygamous marriages (among Muslims) is larger than the Hindus". A comparison of nuptiality patterns for Hindus and Muslims shows great similarity, the incidence of polygamy has been declining among both Hindus and Muslims.

* polygamous marriages were highest among adivasis, Buddhists, Jains, and Hindus, in that order. Muslims figured last on the list. * The National Survey Commission on the Status of Women in India (1975) found that incidence of bigamy and polygamy is higher among Hindus than Muslims.
    Year Polygamous Hindu families Polygamous Muslim families
    1931-41 6.79% 7.29%
    1941-51 7.15% (0.09% more than Muslims) 7.06%
    1951-61 5.06% (0.65% more than Muslims) 4.31%
    * Moreover, according to this Report, this practice was lower for Muslims than for Hindus for the later two decades

why are you eating mud my son,see our neighbours three children are eating mud
    so 3 in neighbours house
    only one in our house
    so our family is much better than our neighbours
    so be happy
    but eating mud like polygamy is not good who bothers endurer and wicked are saying
    after all they want variety in sex
    u make me happy

Hmm... cool down, this shows your frustration!!! the moment ur lies against Islam r exposed u starts attacking personally... Hmmm I don't mind being attacked personally, u can say damn things about me I'l never complain... but don't post lies against Islam... As of wanting of variety in sex is concerned, we all knows who talks about the sex most in DT... do u want proof for dat?
    1 more thing... u continue to attack Islam and Muslim life style and I defended... I never attacked ur religion...its not due to that I dont know ur religion... its due to da fact dat Islam dont allow us to do that... If u still wanna learn the things in ur religion ... n if I start posting those things here u will b ashamed of reading them ... though u r a sexist!

tunisia and turkey have banned polygamy,they are muslim countries
    i am happy to be a sexist rather than obstrucnist
    just put yourself on the position of unfortunate woman who has to share her husband with other women
    i respect islam
    and hate manuwadis
    u make me happy