Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get rid of Acne scars?

For very mild scarring you can try a few at home procedures and products to help reduce the appearance of the scars. At home dermabrasion and chemical peels can help diminish some scarring especially if you also use retinol or alpha hydroxyl acid lotions or creams. For sensitive skin you may not want to apply retinol or alpha hydroxyl products right after dermabrasion or peels because it can cause redness and irritation. Other products you can try are scar reducing creams like Mederma or Rosehip seed oil which is said to be great at reducing scar tissue. Aloe Vera juice and gels and lavender oils are also said to work well on reducing scars. Professional treatments for scarring include Laser Resurfacing which involves the use of a laser to remove skin so new skin can form in its place. Laser resurfacing can cause uneven skin tones in people with darker skin. It is still being studied but shows a lot of promise. After treatment you may experience redness and swelling which may last for several weeks. Dermabrasion has been around for decades. Originally sandpaper was used to remove damaged skin. Now a machine rotates to remove the damaged skin, the skin is numbed or frozen first. After the procedure your skin is raw and scabs will form. After the scabs heal your skin will be reddish for several weeks.

One tip that I personally make sure to do(prevention) is to have a clean towel over my pillow every night. This reduces all types of acne and if there's less acne, there's less opportunities for scarring
    Go Saints 2011!
    My acne remedies blog

Nice tip buddy, thanks.

don't scratch acne eruptions with your nail
    once scar is formed it is very difficult to get rid of it
    applying olive oil will it not produce more acne ???
    u make me happy

Thanks dsjeya. But aren't you sure about the olive oil tip?? Your question marks are confusing me.

I apply Aloe vera gel which helps get rid of acne scars and makes the facial skin healthier.

Cleanse your face or a face wash herbal soap. Also make sure that does not use a scrub hard, and do not involve any use of alcohol in it. Even in the best way to get rid of acne is a good diet as well and have a lot of water. Another way to keep a steam cleaner to clean your face.

Olive oil has properties that can help the skin and is therefore a very effective treatment for acne cars. The second best way to prevent acne scars and acne is to eat healthily and live a healthy and active life. Exercise regularly to reduce stress and eliminate toxins from the body are the scars of acne and acne worse. One of the best ways to get rid of acne scars is to rub olive oil on the affected area for at least four times a day until the scar disappears, or at least reduce the impact.