Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: arranged marriage

hop don't u envy the jewelary shop bride
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by HOP3_L3SS, post: 389800
    things are changing. arranged marriages are not what they once were. now mostly parents are the source of introduction. guy and girl meet, talk, however they want to and see if they click. the decision is totally upto the couple.
    i dont know what part of the world you live in...but most of the arranged marriages i've seen...it's not JUST the girl showing herself
    do you know the kind of questions thrown at men?
    doesnt the GUY have to be on his best behavior? because he has an EQUAL chance of rejection?
    And even before having a face to face introduction with one another both the female and the male have a chance to say no if they don't want to meet the other person.
    Arranged marriages are not forced upon these days nor or they a way to get rid of a daughter or son because they are too old for the market or have done things to make them neligible.

The guy has much of the same chances of being rejected as the girl because of his behavior/ background.

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya
    in a muslim family in india it does not happen
    even during marriage bride sits in a separate enclosure
    tying of knots done by a female relative of groom
    thank god they r allowed to meet in the first night!!!
    wow..that's just low.

may be in elite families
    u make me happy

No. Not at all. It's quite the norm these days.

a bangladesh female doctor working in u.k wanted marry a gentleman from another religion ,deceived to come back to bangladesh,drugged and forcifully married to gentleman of same religion
    her friend filed a complaint with uk polce,the doctor rescued and returned to uk
    u make me happy

^^ poor woman =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank u friend hop
    u make me happy

Muslim marriages are mostly in a (islamically)lawful way. If the child has gone out of the limits then they force, or if they arrange a marriage, both the boy and girl should see each other..they can even talk in presence of a family member. Yes, i agree they are many ignorant people who follow non of the islamic protocol, and only those flow in the news, because all those who are religiously committed do not come into picture and they are not proofs like the photograph shown above. I agree to hop3_l3ss that people mix culture and religion which has no slot in Islam.
    Bikten hai bazaaron mein sirf dil-e-behayaa...(complete it contest)

there r people who violate their religious prctices
    number of muslim young men consume alcohol
    hindus consume beef
    u make me happy