Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: arranged marriage

I completely agree with both HOP3_L3SS as well as EntangleDesi. I don't know what happens in the villages of India but in towns and cities, parents spend all their earnings on their children's education and well being...Its difficult to even imagine that once those kids reach marriageable age, parents would force them to get married to someone of thier choice even if the kids are not comfortable with the matrimonial match. While parental consent for love marriages is still not forthcoming (and often is acquired after a lot of melodrama), yet both girls and boys are given space to arrive at their own opinions on matrimonial issues. How else would you explain the phenomenal use of matrimonial websites??? One just needs to visit these sites once to know that even parents register their children's profile for finding the best life partner for their kids.

change for rich and educated
    u make me happy

[quote="HOP3_L3SS, post: 390300"]maybe all the muslims YOU know come from some retarded backgrounds practicing CULTURE on the name of RELIGION
    please dsjeya...learn to differentiate between the two =)

LOL, spoke my mind
    its funny how the muslim families in india are from that background
    arranged marriages are certainly not what they used to be
    and even the definitions you provided for the various categories aren 't concise .. because everyone marries under different circumstances
    couples meeting on wedding days, is rare ... in our society
    you might throw some extreme cases at me, im speaking from trends
    everyone has a different overall background
    but as far as the societal trends go, things are changing
    the sooner everyone accepts it, the better =)

Arranged marriages

As most young Western couples select their own marriage partners, the arranged marriage appears odd and outdated to them. Although most Muslim marriages are arranged even today this does not mean that marriages are forced upon young people. What it does mean is that parents and senior relatives often discuss various possibilities, yet all the while consulting the person involved. This allows them, over a period of time, to assess the weaknesses and strengths of the future partner. In Islam both partners must clearly and before witnesses agree to be married; no one can be coerced into marriage. Usually marriages take place within the extended family or even the same ethnic or tribal group. It is difficult in such marriages for husbands to be mean or cruel to their wives because husband and wife are related and such behaviour would cause adverse comment in the family. After all the uncles and aunts of the wife would also be the uncles and aunts of the husband. Arranged marriages are perhaps one of the reasons why Muslim marriages are so stable. There are few comparative statistics but many young Muslims even in the West enthusiastically support the notion of arranged marriages, particularly in the light of the high statistics of divorce in the West.

Are arranged marriages still viable among Muslims living in Western societies or highly Westernized families in Muslim cities? We already hear of more divorce cases in this generation than in the previous one. Is this a trend? If so, will the trend spread to the more traditional rural areas also? Does it indicate a breakdown of the arranged marriage system? These are questions that need to be addressed by all Muslims today.
    u make me happy

thank u,
    treat girls equaly
    u make me happy

hi friend's

hello friend's:
    your topic is very nice.i am totally agree with you...
    today love & marriage definition is not a good human being...
    the definition is totally change a handsome income,bike,car's & money is the definition of love.girls like those thing's...:cry:

love and relationship

Things and age are changing. arranged marriages are not what they once were. now mostly parents are the source of introduction. guy and girl meet, talk, however they want to and see if they click. the decision is totally upto the couple.
    i dont know what part of the world you live in...but most of the arranged marriages i've seen...it's not JUST the girl showing herself
    do you know the kind of questions thrown at men

I believe in arranged marriage rather than love marriage.Arrange marriage is more successful.