Thread: How to Clean Gold

While gold does not tarnish, as other precious metals might, it can still lose its luster and discolor if not cleaned properly. The easiest way to clean gold jewelery is by using mild detergent, dissolved in water. Soak the jewelery briefly, then clean it well with a small brush. Be sure to get any dirt or oil build-up that has collected in creases or crevices of the jewelery. Then rinse well and polish with a soft cloth to be sure that there is no water or soap left on the gold.

hello bassikaty..how are you doing these days..i am appreciating your suggestion regarding gold cleaning. These all tips applicable to everyone. i too have some tip for gold cleaning..tooth paste also able to use for gold cleaning purpose..is it right?
    Vintage Jewelry

its very informative for me...bcoz i use jewellary in daily routine and it get dull with routine work

Gold jewelry can be easily cleaned with a soft toothbrush, some toothpaste, dish washing liquid and warm water. First wet the toothbrush and put a very small amount of toothpaste on the brush. Buff jewelry in a circular motion. Wash excess toothpaste off with dishwashing liquid and water. Buff with a soft cloth.

nice tips guys, thank you.

nice tips.thank you all here

I think that cleaning your jewelery is really important and it is easy, you can easily clean your gold jewelery. Put the gold item into the soap mixture, then use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the jewelry, after that try to remove item from soapy water, rinse it and dry thoroughly with a soft polishing cloth, in this way you can easily clean your jewelery.

I know the boiling method for clean gold jewelry. If you need to get oil, grease, or wax off of gold jewelry boil it in water. So long as the item is submerged in water no harm will come to it or any stones. Oil, grease, and wax will float to the top of the water.