Thread: Make-up Advice Please

Hi Friends,

I am new to the make-up world as I am not to use to applying professional make up. Could you please advice me with the following:

Which brand is the best for make-up stuff?
    What things are must in a make-up kit?

Thanks
    Pari

Hello Pari,
    It depends on what suits you best and what you prefer. Some of the nice brands are:
    Maybelline
    Loreal
    Estee Lauder
    Max Factor
    Cover Girl

And What things are must in a make-up kit?

It depends on you again, your choices and what features you want to enhance.
    I guess Foundation, eye make up including eye pencil, liner, shades and mascara are necessary and a lip gloss. It's completely a different choice for every person.

I hope it helps.

Thanks a lot Tulip for your reply

Makeup is all about trial and error..
    You have to try out things on yourself to see if it's a good match for you.
    What works for one person may not work for another...

Besides some cheaper brands are just as good, if not better than the more expensive brands.

Since you are new to this, I would suggest that you experiment with the drugstore brands (ie. Loreal, Maybelline, MaxFactor) for now and then move on to the higher department store brands (MAC, MUFE, Estee Lauder).

As Tulip, said what makeup you have in your kit is really a personal preference..Is there anything you are trying to or want to hide or enhance? I would start out small..
    Foundation (if necessary), concealer (again, if necessary), a few shades of neutral eyeshadow (it's best to start out with neutral colors when new to applying/blending eyeshadow colors - after which you can branch out to bolder colors if you like), mascara (either a volumizing or lengthening one, again this depends on you and your likes - experiment with different brands and types till you find one that you like and suits you), eyeliner (if you prefer), and lip gloss.

Whatever you choose to have in your kit..Make sure that you have a good moisturizer in there too!!!

Nice reply ED. And you are most welcome Pari =)

ude herbal products.himalaya has good ones!

thanks for the tips and website samra!

You have to choose the foundation shade fit to your skin complexion for the most natural look,use brush and push back the color so that there is a blended effect. Blend those colors using a brush it will give the make up a look stay long. Lips, find a lipstick has enough pigment and also has a built in sheen so it doesn't look deep. Using your ring finger, dab a color onto your lips around the Cupid's bow - this gives more measurement and a fuller look,The flat brush is to kilt around the lips liner for soft finish or use the sheer lip liner for the edges. The liner color has to same as your lipstick and never darker . Fix up any mistake with a concealer brush. So, enjoy your beautiful face .