Thread: Paranoid about future

Eeh, the thrill of living is long gone and I am reeling at the very thought of having the exact same future as my deplorable past. What should I do? Take things the way they are thrown at me or throw everything back at them*? I opened my eyes to this world with huge responsibilities resting on my shoulders so I cannot play lame and be cool about it. At the same time, I do wish I had a life in which I could do things my way.

So, what should I do? hope? run away? give up?

*= them is a blanket term being used for people in my life who exercise a great deal of authority on me.
    Dream, I do.

do whatever you feel is right..if you are under responsibilities..then this is the thing you should attempt....some times hope for it..some time give up...i m not saying to follow heart...but to follow the right i.e your instinct...and i hope it never says...to run away..

Quote Originally Posted by Endurer, post: 400697
    So, what should I do? hope? run away? give up?
    I like to think everything through for the future. I certainly ain't the person just to 'accept it as it comes'. I spend hours thinking and pondering what I want to do, what I want to become, where I want to see myself in a month, a year, a decade. This doesn't mean I will or have achieved it all but it gives me a benchmark, a direction to where to head next.. I also believe responsibilities of family/friends/relatives are part of 'living' life.. Something doing something for some loved one is much more than doing something for your own self..

But there is no point in living and 'hoping' everything will turn out right.. This world is a place where you have to 'do' things to get it right for you.. So.. my advice to you is simple.. accept the responsibilities (if you want them in your life) and live your life the way you want to.. If throwing things back at them is what will make you move on in life then I'm afraid it has to be done.. running away and giving up isn't going to let you live life the way you want to.. I'd say.. get up and fight for your right..
    aye dil tu tanhaiyon main rehne ka AaDi hoja.. jinhein tu yaad karta hai wo bare masroof rehte hain..

Quote Originally Posted by RAHEN, post: 400752
    do whatever you feel is right..if you are under responsibilities..then this is the thing you should attempt....some times hope for it..some time give up...i m not saying to follow heart...but to follow the right i.e your instinct...and i hope it never says...to run away..
    Sis this mix and match approach doesn't cut it for me. I would love to follow my heart but it's always their heart(s) that I've to follow to get through the day.
    Dream, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by AaDi, post: 400753
    I like to think everything through for the future. I certainly ain't the person just to 'accept it as it comes'. I spend hours thinking and pondering what I want to do, what I want to become, where I want to see myself in a month, a year, a decade. This doesn't mean I will or have achieved it all but it gives me a benchmark, a direction to where to head next.. I also believe responsibilities of family/friends/relatives are part of 'living' life.. Something doing something for some loved one is much more than doing something for your own self..

But there is no point in living and 'hoping' everything will turn out right.. This world is a place where you have to 'do' things to get it right for you.. So.. my advice to you is simple.. accept the responsibilities (if you want them in your life) and live your life the way you want to.. If throwing things back at them is what will make you move on in life then I'm afraid it has to be done.. running away and giving up isn't going to let you live life the way you want to.. I'd say.. get up and fight for your right..
    Thanks Aadi, I sure hope I will be able to do it some day.
    Dream, I do.

Anything that is in your control should be dealt within your terms. Having said that i do not mean that you will get what you want but at least you can look back and say: hey i took a stand at it and did my best. Anything that is beyond you control~ you should try to at least have you say in it and if does turn out that you have to follow someone else's orders, then you can say: i tried my best to change the situation. Bottom line: take initative to live life as per your desires...that's the best thing you can do -any positive approach is better than doing nothing and deliberating on what to do and what not to. The point here is to do something about it and keep making the effort.

Running away and giving up are not an option and not practicle. You have to face it head on! It's your life and only you have the utmost control over it - (God is always superior and with u). Remember, there are people in the world that are in worse situations than you and i.

If worst comes to worst ~ Take it as a challenge and embrace it. Keep faith and pray

I wish and pray for your best interest.
    take life as it comes

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic, post: 400798
    Anything that is in your control should be dealt within your terms. Having said that i do not mean that you will get what you want but at least you can look back and say: hey i took a stand at it and did my best. Anything that is beyond you control~ you should try to at least have you say in it and if does turn out that you have to follow someone else's orders, then you can say: i tried my best to change the situation. Bottom line: take initative to live life as per your desires...that's the best thing you can do -any positive approach is better than doing nothing and deliberating on what to do and what not to. The point here is to do something about it and keep making the effort.

Running away and giving up are not an option and not practicle. You have to face it head on! It's your life and only you have the utmost control over it - (God is always superior and with u). Remember, there are people in the world that are in worse situations than you and i.

If worst comes to worst ~ Take it as a challenge and embrace it. Keep faith and pray

I wish and pray for your best interest.
    Thank you so much sis It really helped
    Dream, I do.

God Bless!
    take life as it comes