Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: love and marriage

A student asks a teacher, "What is love?"The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the wheat field and choose the biggest wheat and come back.

But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back o pick."

The student went to the field, go thru first row, he saw one big wheat, but he wonders...may be there is a bigger one later.

Then he saw another bigger one... But may be there is an even bigger one waiting for him.

Later, when he finished more than half of the wheat field, he start to realize that the wheat is not as big as the previous one he saw, he know he has missed the biggest one, and he regretted.

So, he ended up went back to the teacher with empty hand.

The teacher told him, "...this is love... You keep looking for a better one, but when later you realize, you have already miss the person..."

*"What is marriage then?" the student asked.

The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the corn field and choose the biggest corn and come back. But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back to pick."

The student went to the corn field, this time he is careful not to repeat the previous mistake, when he reach the middle of the field, he has picked one medium corn that he feel satisfy, and come back to the teacher.

The teacher told him, "this time you bring back a corn... You look for one that is just nice, and you have faith and believe this is the best one you get... This is marriage."

:eclp;
    u make me happy

I am an American, but I think there is something to be said for arranged marriages. After all, the family knows their prospective bride or groom better than anyone, and if they truly have their child's best interests at heart, I think they are in a good position to be "matchmakers". Of course, it goes without saying that they would pick out pleasant looking people.

thank u heather and kendal
    u make me happy

arranged marriage is buying bridegrooms
    u make me happy

It's human nature to always want more. We keep telling ourselves that the next one will be bigger and better, but when we get there we are disappointed that it isn't what we expected it to be -- hence, regret. The best one is the one standing in front of our very eyes at this very moment.
    { I am blessed. ? }

Thanks for writing

welcome and thanks kama
    u make me happy

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

good story
    thanks