author
    mushrirul hasan
    key points
    other religious people believe
    1.islam is a violent religion
    2.muslims are the only trouble makers
    3.there is no gender equality in islam,woman r oppresed
    author suggestts
    hadith,tafsir and fiqh are to be interupted not literaly but as per modernray:ray: traditions
    i appreciate the author
    do you ?
    u make me happy

I think he and his thinking (if the above quotations you put are true) is ridiculous and baseless.

u can check the book tulip
    the authour wants to change this image of islam for better
    u make me happy

Islam is most secular, modern and logical religion, it does not need any kind of interpretation from any1. Well if non Muslims feel its violent n degrading to women den its their own ignorance. As more than 60% of reverts to Islam are women and US is the father of terrorism. We can't change the meaning of Quran and Hadith (even if we want to) for making few ignorants happy.

(big hand for Shades)

Dsjeya, we are the ones to choose what to read, if the stupidest person has written something out of his imagination, it's not our duty to go and get that book and read it out loud and then defend it just because we read it.

Sir - are we not arguing on the views of one particular person. Once again I reiterate that any religion - be it Islam, Hinduism, Christian or Buddhism is too big to be cast asperson by a single person on the basis of any incident or co-incident. I also emphasise this fact that a very percentage of people are indeed involved in violence and hatred act of fundamentalism on the basis of caste, religion or race. Tell me how many common people in our own India is interested to see a riotous or terrorist catastrophy. Also, I would ask our friends in Pakistan as to how many of them indeed do not like a peaceful, free of terrorism, economically strong and culturally flourshing Pakistan? I trust my frnds out here will give a thought what I say.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

Exactly sikander... I agree with ur views...

Thanks Shades !!
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM