Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to be fluent in English?

I am from newyork and have been educated . The irony is that I have always been good at written English, but very average in speaking the language. I compose poetry in English, listen to English music, watch English movies and read English novels when time permits. But, try as I may, I never seem to be able to speak English fluently. The problem is that everyone around me speaks incorrect English ("Hinglish" if you will) so I donot seem to have anyone to talk to in order to improve my skills. I am planning to continue my education in the US of A and want to be able to converse with the native English speakers there. Please help.

Natural Detox Cleanse

I've found that the best way to improve spoken English is by practicing. You write that everyone else around you speaks incorrect English. But that shouldn't matter that much, since you're already quite good with written English. Just speak it, even if the other guy doesn't understand half of it.

I was in a similar situation a couple of years (4) back, and now, thankfully, I'm able to speak somewhat fluently. I didn't have that many people to converse in English with, I just spoke it, even if no one listened!

To become a fluent English speaker, you must study and master reading, listening, and speaking. At TalkEnglish.com, the lessons are structured to give you practice in all three areas at the same time. Input is basically any correct English that you may hear or read. If you listen to an English radio station, that is input.

try thinking in english

its better than speaking in english

To become a fluent English speaker, you must study and master reading, listening, and speaking. At TalkEnglish.com, the lessons are structured to give you practice in all three areas at the same time. Input is basically any correct English that you may hear or read. If you listen to an English radio station, that is input.

I have read this whole stuff and the thing is that I want to say you that if you want to practice the English language, you must control that people around you will be able to correct you if you are wrong. If you want to practice the English language, you have to speak English properly.

If you trying to speech in English then you are more successful in this things.If you no any idea then first read the English grammar book and use speech simple world like " hi How are You" ,"Good Morning" ," May I help you" and many sentence to help to speech in English.

100 Miles? Are you kidding? That would probably cost more than your flight into LAX. Use the public transport or Amtrak if you need to go to San Diego. I don't know where you need to go.