Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: The Pakistani Problem

  1. #1
    Jibrans Perspective
    "Bribery isnít haram (not allowed according to Islamic rules) in Pakistan. None of the things that you have to do to survive in this country is haram. You do them because you have to, not because you want to."
    What's your opinion on this blog post?

  2. #2
    Do u think people take bribe for their survival?? I don't think so. Bribes are generally taken by the people who has the power to carry out some work for the others and they are adequately paid their remuneration. To me bribe is taken by the people to meet with their ever increasing greed for money and to ensure their authority through malpractices.

    Not only Islam, in every religion Bribe is Haram and not only Pakistan, in all the countries there are people who go for bribe in the name of survival.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

    For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

  3. #3
    Jibrans Perspective
    "Bribery isnít haram (not allowed according to Islamic rules) in Pakistan. None of the things that you have to do to survive in this country is haram. You do them because you have to, not because you want to."
    Who said it's not haram in Islam or in Pakistan?? It most certainly is. I would like to beat some sense into this blog poster before he quotes something confusing without any proper knowledge of it.
    It's another thing if the people are living by the rules or not.

  4. #4
    So true Tulip !! I endorse your views.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

    For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip, post: 405388
    Jibrans Perspective


    Who said it's not haram in Islam or in Pakistan?? It most certainly is. I would like to beat some sense into this blog poster before he quotes something confusing without any proper knowledge of it.
    It's another thing if the people are living by the rules or not.
    Thanks for that! I'm the blog poster, and if you read the entire thing, you'll see that the line you've quoted is actually the excuse someone gave for bribery. It's not an opinion, not a fatwa, nothing else than a simple quote. Please read the entire thing before bashing the hell out of me...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sikandar107, post: 405373
    Do u think people take bribe for their survival?? I don't think so. Bribes are generally taken by the people who has the power to carry out some work for the others and they are adequately paid their remuneration. To me bribe is taken by the people to meet with their ever increasing greed for money and to ensure their authority through malpractices.

    Not only Islam, in every religion Bribe is Haram and not only Pakistan, in all the countries there are people who go for bribe in the name of survival.
    That's the later stage, the greed that you talk about. How is a government employee receiving 15,000/month supposed to raise two children and keep them from dying due to starvation while paying electric and gas bills along with the ever increasing taxes coupled with the effects of inflation?

  7. #7
    You mean to say those who are getting 15,000/- per month shud take bribe? And who has asked that person not to think of his/her growth by enhancing his/her qualification base and professional skill? And if he/she is not capable of doing that then he/she must accept that this Rs.15,000/- per month salary, is his/her worth and he/she must try to accommodate his/her life style accordingly. As far as my knowledge goes, salary is getting enhanced too in line with the rise in inflation and it is never static. So I don't get any strength on this argument that one who is getting Rs.15,000/- per month salary, shud embark into taking bribe. I am sorry...To me, finding livelihood is not related to less or more salary. Its the greed and basic character of the person, which prompt him/her to go for it. I have found so many people with even lesser salary are leading their life conveniently and happily without indulging into any kind of corruption.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

    For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by theonejb, post: 405413
    Thanks for that! I'm the blog poster, and if you read the entire thing, you'll see that the line you've quoted is actually the excuse someone gave for bribery. It's not an opinion, not a fatwa, nothing else than a simple quote. Please read the entire thing before bashing the hell out of me...
    It was not well written then my friend. As I already said it gave a confused message. And of course I didn't go to your blog to read the entire post, I just read what you have quoted here.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by theonejb, post: 405414
    That's the later stage, the greed that you talk about. How is a government employee receiving 15,000/month supposed to raise two children and keep them from dying due to starvation while paying electric and gas bills along with the ever increasing taxes coupled with the effects of inflation?
    Does that mean he should start taking bribe? He could get a part time job or his wife or any one from the family can help him earn some more money. We are capable of doing a lot of work buddy, we better make some use of ourselves. And the first step is to cut down on the luxuries and other useless stuff we are spending all our money on.
    I know you won't understand and it's a long debate, but just make it very clear in your mind that even if we are going through tough times and even if we have little money on our hands, bribery or other wrongdoings are never the right thing to do. Not in this life neither in life after this.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip, post: 405443
    It was not well written then my friend. As I already said it gave a confused message. And of course I didn't go to your blog to read the entire post, I just read what you have quoted here.
    Then you're quoting out of context can't be expected to have a valid opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •