Thread: Share your last trip to motherland

Hey desis, when was the last time you visited your motherland? What was it like? Share your experiences, pictures etc here.

I'll be posting mine soon down here.
    Dream, I do.

Nice idea. As for me I live in my motherland but I'll sure love to see and here about all your experiences.

Thanks! You can share what it's like living there.

So I visited Pakistan in August to celebrate Eid with my family and get on with some meetings. It was a different experience this time because I got to visit so many places (Islamabad, Kashmir, Lahore, Karachi) in such a short span of time.

I had the pleasure of travelling in PIA and as is the norm with our flag carrier, the flight was late by thirteen hours. I think you enter Pakistan as soon as you step into a PIA plane (not a compliment) and to be honest I was praying not to be seated with anyone.

After roughly twelve hours of flight, I landed at Allama Iqbal airport in Lahore and was immediately brought up to speed about how much had changed since the last time I was here. Well, nothing changed. The same immigration officials wearing untidy uniforms, the aweful long wait at luggage carousel, the jackasses at customs channel, passengers smoking in no-smoking areas, porters, and the large crowd standing to welcome pax outside arrivals.

Anyhow, skipping all the details, I saw a fragmented Pakistan this time around and it was heartbreaking. Every person I met there was either going abroad or was planning to go abroad. There was no one there who wanted to stay or had other plans. I can't blame them for it because almost no hope is left.

Time since last visit: +2 years.

What I miss: Family, food, people.
    Dream, I do.