Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Color Purple" by Alice Walker

"..if I've ever in all my lifetimes experienced peace, I am nearly perplexed. Could it be possible that after hundreds of lifetimes I have not known peace? That seems to be the fact. In lifetime after lifetime I have known oppression: from parents, siblings, relatives, governments, countries, continents. As well as from my own body and mind. Some part of every life has been spent binding up my wounds from these forces. In the memory, I would have to say, there are only moments ~at most, days~ of peace".

One of my very favourite pieces of literature, beautifully written and painfully explained. A story of a little girl who not only was abused by society but by her own father and every other male she came across throughout her life.

Those of you who have read it will know what i mean.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice sharing

hummmmmmmmm
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

Quote Originally Posted by saarah @ Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:54 am
    "..if I've ever in all my lifetimes experienced peace, I am nearly perplexed. Could it be possible that after hundreds of lifetimes I have not known peace? That seems to be the fact. In lifetime after lifetime I have known oppression: from parents, siblings, relatives, governments, countries, continents. As well as from my own body and mind. Some part of every life has been spent binding up my wounds from these forces. In the memory, I would have to say, there are only moments ~at most, days~ of peace".

One of my very favourite pieces of literature, beautifully written and painfully explained. A story of a little girl who not only was abused by society but by her own father and every other male she came across throughout her life.

Those of you who have read it will know what i mean.
    sounds enthralling, i should read it some day soon INshAllah :ye;
    *The Web of the Pattern*

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    wOrK SmaRt NoT HaRd......

thats my favourite book, i absolutely love it
    i read it english class last year and i loved it

I read that book, it was alright. I hated the movie though.