Thread: Mehndi Designs

Creating mehndi designs is actually quite simple and just takes practice to master. Mehndi design consists of taking small designs and motifs (Paisley [mango] shapes, straight lines, scallop lines, dots, tear-drops, leaf shapes, etc.) and combining them to make large, more complex designs as you will see here. I suggest that, if you are a beginner at mehndi, you purchase a henna book or find a number of small designs so that you can understand the basics of mehndi design.

Even if you are not very confident in your artistic abilities, I encourage you to try freehand as much as possible given that you have even an inkling of desire to do so. Creating your own images is much more fun than using a stencil. Although some of these designs may seem too lacy and thin to be drawn using henna, if you have the henna at the right consistency, and if the point on your cone is thin enough, these designs are completely possible -- but you need to develop your experience with henna to do these designs fully. As you begin, I suggest that you try these designs, and if you run out of space on the skin where you are placing the mehndi, simply leave out some of the details and keep going. Pens/pencils usually give much finer work than your usual henna cone, but many mehndi artists defy this principle.

hmmmmmmmm well heres one more thing that i really love....n thats mehndii payal..its nice..keep it up...
    LiFe'S pReCiOuS mOmEnTs DoN't HaVe VaLuE uNlEsS, tHeY aRe ShaReD........

so do i mehak, thanks for appreciating my effort