Thread: Ali Zafar's Debut Album Huqa Pani

Ali Zafar---looks like he's here to stay! After immense success in the fashion industry of Pakistan with his stylish walk on the ramp, Ali switched and tried his luck in the TV industry. He quickly rose to the top after his brilliant comedic performance in "Preeto" the captivating Abrar-ul-Haq video. It was all uphill from there, Ali shot to success with his appearance in TV commercials.

That was just the beginning; Ali soon landed himself a role in the Lahore based mega Tele-serial named 'Lunda-Bazar'. After his performance as the character 'Ramiz' in 'Lunda Bazar', Ali Zafar was recognized as a polished and talented actor, not just a handsome face.

I do not remember how the trend exactly began, but many of the big screen names such as Saud, Babar Ali, Shahida Mini, etc have diversified their careers with switching to musical presentations. The same genius struck Ali Zafar, and with all his charisma backing him up, he landed us with his latest musical debut album 'Huqa Pani'.

'Huqa Pani'-instantly gets the attention with its unique jovial name. Ali Zafar, has done it again! He has single handedly managed to captivate the audience with melody and fine vocals to match. Two thumbs up!

'Huqa Pani' is has a lot of trendy dancing music in it, but the album does have slower numbers. The album cover is well designed, displaying a cool picture of Ali, all in all quite a charming effect.. 'Huqa Pani' comprises of twelve tracks in which two are instrumental songs.

Channo:

'Channo ke ankh main ek nasha hai?galoon par jis kay tail ka nisha hai'-The cute, catchy video, often aired on the various music channels has been directed by Ahsan and Amena. It was an instant hit, especially with the appearance by the social butterfly Tariq Amin, and wardrobe provided by the one and only Deepak Perwani, not to mention Ali Zafar's boyish good looks.

Huqa Pani:

The title song is of course a dance mix. Quite a good try, with the right proportion of Punjabi bhangra theme! A suitable track for Ali to win the concert crowds at live performances. The Punjabi 'Munda' had to add the Punjabi touch somewhere, right?

Chal Dil Meray:

This track is sadly not too impressive. Although the song has a good beat, Ali Zafar presents a message for the entire world. He expresses anger for the lies the world is filled with coaxing his heart to take him to a better place. 'chal dil meray chor yeh pheray yeh duniyeh jhoti loog lutayreay'

Rangeen:

As name implies, the song is, well 'rangeen' meaning colorful. Disappointing again as far as the tune is concerned, not too impressive. However, the lyrics are appealing, 'rangeen hai tu Rangoon say bhi ziada, shookh lagti hai reh kay bhi sada', words quite apt to make any girl lose her head?

Ek Pal and Teri Yaad Aayi:

This is a very slow number. It has been released on the album in two versions; one regular and one instrumental. After listening to the instrumental number I felt that music software definitely adds a touch of class to the other tracks on 'Huqa Pani'

Jugnoon Say Bhar Day Anchal:

Even before the release of 'Huqa Pani' this song was selected for the Lollywood flick 'Shararat' directed by Samina Peerzada. The song has been performed as a duet with the female vocalist Shabnam Majeed for the movie. However, in the album Ali Zafar has performed it solo. It is a slow soft number, which has been composed well.

Dekha Sung Teray, Din Dobey and Ishq:

These three tracks are very slow beats. They are definitely not meant for dancing. The songs are set towards the end of the album, and are an exact opposite of the trendy and hip starting numbers.

On the whole the twelve tracks album 'Huqa Pani' has a few good catchy numbers. It is pretty good for a debut album. Keep showing us the good stuff Ali Zafar!

well i like few numbers from his album ..

Ali Zafar I guess has come a long way and seems to be going to the top ...

It becoz he's so geniunely dedicated i guess....

I saw his concert once and he is a good performer unlike many who just show their faces and run away..

I hear he's performing soon again.. might go for it....

Peace,
    SNAZ

yeah i heard about some rain thing festival at dubai, snaz were you there ?

Yeah it was fun
    Rain dance........ Punjabi MC/ Rishi rich were there too...
    this year and last....

This year even Jay Sean came

that's cool, you must have enjoyed that :wink: