Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vires Alert! on MSN Messnger

Security experts have raised the warning level on a worm that spreads via Microsoft's MSN Messenger, in an effort to slow its crawl through Taiwan, Korea, China, and the US.
    The Bropia.F worm, a variant of the Bropia.A worm detected last month, was raised to a medium-risk threat this week by antivirus firm TrendMicro.
    The worm propagates by sending a copy of itself under different file names - including "bedroom-thongs.pif", "hot.pif," and "naked-drunk.pif" - to all available or online contacts on an infected user's MSN Messenger list. It also sends and executes a file titled "sexy.jpg", which carries the image of a headless, plucked chicken sunbathing, replete with pronounced bikini tan lines.
    Trend Micro recommended that MSN Messenger users block file transfers to slow the worm's spread. The variant also attempts to drop and execute a bot program, which tries to copy itself into network shared folders and has an anti-debugging features. The worm will not run on an infected system if the NT-ice and Softice debugging applications are running.
    Additionally, the worm attempts to lower the volume on infected users' machines so they cannot hear audio security threat warnings, according to the antivirus company.

yea,,,i also recieved that file under the file name "Me & you pic!.pif", but i canceled that :mrgreen:
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

strange... i updated the msn IM recently... any ideas afridi bro, where did that pic came from ?
    Dream, I do.

yup...that file came from another contact in chat window, which was online at that time..on asking she told me that everybody is complaining but she hadn't send that file to any one...So i think"that virus automatically send a copy of itself to another online user in chat window."
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

thanks for the info ya'll :mrgreen:

Thanx for the INFORMATION BRO :givefl;
    A Minute They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

ic, hafta be careful...
    Dream, I do.

almost got hit by dat one last week....
    got lucky coz of my norton anti virus..

all thanxs to the 'periodic virus-definitions update"
    Dream, I do.

Well , Thanx 4 the Information ..But I think that Spyware is more harmful who are coming now a days. out;