Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoaib Akhtar pulls out of Test series

Shoaib Akhtar has pulled out of the forthcoming three-match Test series against India. The Press Trust of India reported that he announced: "I aggravated my injury a couple of days ago and now it seems that I will take four to five weeks to recover and play any competitive match."

Shoaib has been at the centre of controversy for a while now, with his team-mates reportedly questioning his commitment and the Pakistan Cricket Board fining him. Such controversy will finally cease to hound the Pakistani side, but only until the end of the Test series.

"I am certainly not a candidate for the Tests," said Shoaib, "but if I recover by the time the one-day series begins, I will inform the Cricket Board. They can then select me if they feel the team requires me." He added that the main reason for his withdrawal was that he did not want to risk a mid-series breakdown, like the one he had undergone against Australia.

Inzamam-ul-Haq, Pakistan's captain, said that Shoaib's absence would be a loss for the team. "It's a terrible blow for us," he said, "because it's difficult to go on a tough tour like India without your premier bowler. But I think Shoaib is at a stage in his career where he is the best judge of his fitness. I hope he makes speedy recovery and makes himself available soon."
    Dream, I do.

Acha hai yeh nahi khelegha :applaud;
    Bhulana Sakoo Gay Mujhe Bhool Kar Tum
    Mein Aksar Tumhein Yaad Ati Rahongi
    Kabhi Khuwab Ban Kar Kabhi Yaad Ban Kar
    Mein Neendein Tumhari Churati Rahongi

yeh nahi khailai ga tu India 700 runs bhi bana dai ga :clapping;

had kartay hain app tu zee bhai :lol:

oh well.. shoaib ko kabhi main pasand karti thi.. per ab :frown;

Quote Originally Posted by xeon @ Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:38 pm
    yeh nahi khailai ga tu India 700 runs bhi bana dai ga :clapping;
    Shoaib khele is se behtar hai India 700 runs bana le :x

Sach kahoon to aaj bhi Waseem aur Waqar wapis a jayein to is se behtar khel sakheinghe, to yeh na kahein ke Shoaib hai to Pakistan jeet sakta hai, kyounke woh hai issi liye Pakistan haar sakta hai

Muhahahha us ko compare kiyun kertee ho Waseem Waqar sai but ab Indian batsman out kaise hongai test main yeh socho kaisa lagai ga pakistan 2 dafa batting karai or India sirif aik dafa :s

Sach poochein to mujhe bahot acha lagegha, kyounke aise players ko team mein khelane se behtar hai Pakistan, Allah na kare, haar jaye.

hehehe kaise muhebbe watan log hain hamaree country ke

Haan hain to, agar na hote to Pakistan ke liye, jab tak woh khel raha hota hai, Allah (swt) se dua na karte hote, aur issi liye Shoiab jaise 3rd class players ko team mein dekh kar dukh bhi bahot hota hai.
    muhebbe watan hone ke liye yeh zaroori nahin ke Shoaib ki side li jaye, aur usse team mein shamil kiya jaye :x

main nai daikhee thee highlights first test kee jab us nai 5 wickets leen Australia ke against or kiya woh jaan sai maar daita sab ko her fast bowler unfit hota hai. Shoaib kam as kam Sami sai tu buhat behter hai jo side match main 1 wicket nahi lai saka :frown;