Thread: Google to launch new office suite!!!!!!

"There have been several reports of an impending Google-Microsoft war. Not battles--all out war. When Google launched its browser, there was a lot of speculation on its effects on Microsoft. Google's USP so far has been its ability to develop a strategy to make money on advertising. This is a very successful strategy and it gives Google a clear edge over Microsoft.

When Google launched Gmail, it stepped into clear Microsoft territory, competing head-on with Hotmail. It forced Hotmail to add more free storage for its users. Google News competes with MSN in a subtle but important way too, by providing a useful home page of news.

Reports indicate that Google may soon exercise a strategy that Netscape threatened years ago--taking over the desktop. The Google browser could well have been the first step to eliminate the need for Microsoft Windows.

The next big step could be the launch of a new office suite--hold you breath--that can replace all existing office suites.

It's war. "

M.Y.Tonse[/b]

This news attracted gr8 attention elsewhere.....

Why does this happen...

Google browser? are you talking about mozilla firefox? It is NOT owned by Google Inc,. Neither have they launched it nor do they plan to take over it.

Google has launched software packs and their picassa is a good images software.

I haven't heard about it elsewhere so this office suite is just a mere speculation to me.
    Dream, I do.

Update: Google has opened it's spreadsheet to beta testers from the industry only.

I'm waiting for my invitation.

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com
    Dream, I do.

Hey Endure ri am a tech savy guy too..i take news from confirmes sources ..ill paste my quote everytime for u r confirmation..Will that do ??

Update ..Endure ri got the invitaion..Its almost the same but doing office online is kool..

Google got the edge this..

Waiting what u say !!

i got the invitation..and checked it..i has only 100 rows :td:
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

I have received my invitation too though I haven't logged in to check the features. I will update you once I have thoroughly reviewd it's features.

Do please remember that it's still under beta!

Yes mytonse bro, that'd be really nice if you could mention the source.
    Dream, I do.

Right Endurer u got it..

I am happy with the way the searches r going ...