Thread: MIND, BODY, SPIRIT & YOU

MIND, BODY, SPIRIT & YOU

Breathe out stress

We begin with the pranayamas in Hathyoga, as told by Surakshit Goswami, for complete health of body and mind. But we need to perform Narishodhan pranayama first

It is important to do pranayama correctly. This pranayama is best performed on an empty stomach in the morning or in the evening.

NARISHODHAN PRANAYAMA:

Also called anuloma-viloma pranayama. Sit cross-legged with your eyes closed. Close your right nostril with right thumb and exhale completely from your left nostril. Then, inhale to your maximum capacity from the same nostril very slowly so that there is no sound. Now, do Jalandhar Bandh followed by Uddiyan Bandh and Mulbandh. (Jalandhar Bandh: Put pressure on neck muscles and bend chin forward, Uddiyan Bandh: Hold stomach inward after exhaling; Mulbandh: Hold rectum upward). Hold your breath inside, for as long as you can, then release the ‘bandh’ and close your left nostril with the ring finger and little finger. Release breath very slowly from right nostril, so that there is no sound. Again inhale through right nostril and exhale from left. This completes one round of Narishodhan pranayama. Repeat this exercise in a rhythmic manner for eight to 10 times. Beginners can do this pranayam without holding the breath or doing the ‘bandhs’ for 5–10 minutes.

CAUTION:

Heart disease and high blood pressure patients should practise this pranayama without holding the breath. If you have pain in the neck or back, do not practice jalandhar bandh. Those who are suffering from backache or knee pain, can do this pranayam while sitting on a chair.

BENEFITS:

This exercise purifies 72,000 nerves in our body, strengthens five pranas and adjusts the energy flow in our body. This also helps improve the mind power, memory and concentration. If this is practised without holding the breath, then it can cure high blood pressure, insomnia, stress, migraine, paralysis, nervous weakness and heart diseases.
    Love me the most when I deserve it the least, that's When I need it the most.

nice... but is it true?

yes it true
    Love me the most when I deserve it the least, that's When I need it the most.