Thread: Harsh Words Or Actions, Which are worse?

We've all heard the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." But how true is it? There are times where we encounter people whom we do not get along with and sometimes small disagreements may turn into large arguments or worse.A lot of people say that physical abuse isn't as harmful as verbal abuse and vice versa.

Which do you feel has a far greater impact on a person? Have you ever verbally abused someone? If so how did you feel in that situation?

in my opinion, i think verbal abuse is far worse then physical abuse when it's coming from some1 i care about. If it's from my teacher of someone i dont get along with, i could care less. Physical abuse is only worse when they beat u to death.

i AGREE WITH NICEGUY ! bAD WORDS , ESPECIALLY FROM THE ONES U LOVE CAN BE MUCH PAINFUL ..

Actions speak louder than words
    therefore I will go for Actions which hurt the most. Words can be lost in our memory but Harsh actions go with us in life.

harsh words and verbal abuse is worst than physical abuse.

If you are physically abused you can call the police, coz it leaves a mark, and the mark is evidence in your favor and against your abuser.

the pain of verbal abuse goes deep into the self and festers there. since verbal abuse is not visible it will not win you sympathy, much less actual assistance.

Both should be completely avioded because they both demote and degrade another person which is not good for happiness and unity.