Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should abortion be permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by simi @ Mon May 08, 2006 5:02 am
    Why hasnt anyone thought of a woman getting pregnant by rape??

I mean if a woman is raped, and she gets pregnant , is she expected to go through her life with the child of her rapist ??So I think abortion should not be banned . It should be the opinion of the person in question as to whether she wants to go ahead with it or not.

Except for this case, I am against abortion.. since it seems morally wrong to me...but again what seems wrong to one doesnt necessarily seems wrong to the other.
    well 1st women per zulm huwa ke uss ka Rape huwa
    now woh us ka badla uss nanni si jaan say legi?

a woman carrying an unwanted pregncy -unwanted child-poor parenthood-criminal
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by manni9 @ Mon May 08, 2006 11:30 am

I mean if a woman is raped, and she gets pregnant , is she expected to go through her life with the child of her rapist ??So I think abortion should not be banned . It should be the opinion of the person in question as to whether she wants to go ahead with it or not.

Except for this case, I am against abortion.. since it seems morally wrong to me...but again what seems wrong to one doesnt necessarily seems wrong to the other.
    Lekin yeh bhi to theek nahi , ke zindagi bhar she will have to live with a child who reminds her of the past, which she will obviously want to forget! Shouldnt she have a chance to go on with her life..

well loookin @ aap sab ki batein ...
    it is ryte ..a mean wha simi iz sayin..an unwanted child...n it will always remin of the past naa...so mayb is situation mein kar wa sakte ho...aur is ki ijazat to mere khayal se humara mazhab bhi deta hai ...

BUT!!!! waise im totally against abortion...!! i think as somone said earlier..its commiting murder naa.....
    oey chill juZZ ma opinion ..don say da u hav to believe that..soZ..
    - mOnA -

aEtBaAr PeR yAkeEn Na RaHa,
    DiL mEiN dHaRkAn Na RaHi,
    MoHaBaT sE pYaR nA rAhA,
    aNkHoN mAiN aAnSoO nA rAhE,
    aUr RoNe K lIyE kANdHa Na RaHa...

Quote Originally Posted by simi @ Mon May 08, 2006 11:03 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by manni9 @ Mon May 08, 2006 11:30 am

Lekin yeh bhi to theek nahi , ke zindagi bhar she will have to live with a child who reminds her of the past, which she will obviously want to forget! Shouldnt she have a chance to go on with her life..
    Adoption ke liye free dede,there re lot of other possiblities.I think all of them would be bettter then a murder.

4 some of your belief don't put 2 lives in long,long
    sufferings
    woman has their own mind
    thank u simi
    even morning after pill is free in all govt hospitals in india
    manni put yourself in womans' shoes and feel the pain
    mona say y
    u make me happy

Sorry Moona but I disagree with you. Our religion doesn't permit us for that. And for the sake of argument that she wouldn't forget her past if she has that baby well. After abortion what shall she do. Live in the dark and that rapist is looking for another victum. Red Eye (the movie) is a perfect example that if a women decides that nobody can mess with her than it surely means nobody. :blee;
    Do you want to help yourself then stop expecting from others

Quote Originally Posted by dev_3dworx @ Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 am
    Sorry Moona but I disagree with you. Our religion doesn't permit us for that. And for the sake of argument that she wouldn't forget her past if she has that baby well. After abortion what shall she do. Live in the dark and that rapist is looking for another victum. Red Eye (the movie) is a perfect example that if a women decides that nobody can mess with her than it surely means nobody. :blee;
    Dev_3dworkz..nice to see you participating in this debate !

So continuing our discussion, I would like to add that whether she has the baby or not has got nothing to do with the rapist looking for another victim .. Do you mean if she has the baby , the rapist will stop going after others ?? I dont understand that..

And about the movie , and the woman deciding that nobody can mess with her, isnt it slightly out of context here ??

@Manni Bhai, Adoption is an option, but why should she go through the pain of carrying her rapist's child for 9 months and having the entire society point fingers at her ?

I mean, doesnt she deserve better than that after all she has gone through.. I think the woman's trauma deserves more thought here, rather than a foetus that most probably cant even feel a thing on being aborted..As Dr.Dsjeya says, there is the "morning after pill" .. Surely in one day, the baby wont be big enough to feel the pain (In fact, I doubt if there will be a baby at all the very next day of the incident ..It will take atleast a few days to form, wont it..But I am not well versed with these medical details..I would prefer Dr.Dsjeya to clarify) ..So you cant call it murder ..

Again as I have said earlier, I too am against abortion , but this is the one and only case where I think an exception is justified ..

In my religion (Islam) abortion is forbidden. Lekin like Simi said I was exactly thinking of rape and stuff, what if the woman is like raped and got pregnant like that. However Islam says that a woman should not be going outside or to certain places where there is no mehram to go with her (something like that I am not quoting anything here by the way, its what I have come to know through discussions and stuff I have read). So why was the woman alone at that time when she got raped, what position was she in? I mean I know its not nice for the woman, I understand I am a woman myself. But its just, it makes you think haina? Anyway personally I do think of abortion as murder...I mean there is this little life inside of the woman...innocent...even if the act by which it is produced is not innocent. Anyway I have also read in an Al'Hadith that after a certain time ( I am not sure whether its after 30 days or what..I'll have to get back to this, sorry!) that after that time an angel comes and blows the Rooh into the baby. From that time the child's Qismat is written and the child is a person an not just a Rooh anymore.
    Anyway I dont know what this means in relation to abortion. If anyone knows or has heard about this then please discuss.
    By the way good topic!

Quote Originally Posted by RANI786 @ Tue May 09, 2006 7:53 pm
    Islam says that a woman should not be going outside or to certain places where there is no mehram to go with her (something like that I am not quoting anything here by the way, its what I have come to know through discussions and stuff I have read). So why was the woman alone at that time when she got raped, what position was she in?
    Please dont get me wrong Rani,
    But the situation in which the woman got raped is not of importance here. Islam may forbid a woman going to certain places, and it is a good thing, but there are many other religions which dont specify any such thing ..Also, you cant really predict where such a thing can happen..We hear of women being molested in their workplaces , offices etc ..
    In today's world, how muchever on guard a woman is, you can never be sure what can happen ..

So assuming that she did get raped and got pregnant due to her pure ill luck , circumstances or whatever , do you justify abortion or not ??