Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should abortion be permitted?

Debate is all about

Should abortion be permitted?

The issue of abortion is one of the most contentious, and emotive dilemmas faced by modern societies. The question is whether one should allow the termination of a child whilst it is in its mother’s womb. For some, the question is even more fundamental: at what stage is the foetus in the womb to be regarded as a child? The battle-lines are drawn between strict, religious (‘pro-life’) arguments (that it is never permissible), and those (‘pro-choice’) that emphasise the mother’s right to choose as the primary concern. Whilst abortion has been accepted by the American state since the land-mark Roe vs. Wade case in the early 1970s, this is by no means a reflection of universal agreement – either international or within America itself – as many Western countries still have considerable restrictions on abortion. For example, the Irish position has softened only recently, and the Catholic Church steadfastly refuses to change its resolutely pro-life stance in the face of criticism from Women’s and other lobby-groups.

MY opinion

I think women shouldnt go for abortion ..because ..in the end she is doing the crime....If women by force had sex...without her consent then women can go for abortion ..but if women with her consent...Bymistake or knowingly....become pregnent ..then she has to take the responsiblity to take care of unborn child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well i think keh a women should have an abortion she had sex by force. thst obvious i think
    secondly no women will get pregnant by mistake like obviously usko pata hi ho ga like no women is so dumb tht she willget pregnant by mistake obviously she will kno aur uski merzi se hi ho ga..in this case she shouldnt get an abortion..well shadi se pehlay beung pregnant is against our religion and its not considered to be a good thing..
    as my dear friend blue hawk is sayin tht gettin aborion is a crime..but my dear gettin pregnant before marriage ?? is tht ok ...like if u have done a mistake u have to pay for it no matter what u have to do..So yeahhh

to have a baby r not is womans right
    if she does not wan't let her go 4 abortion
    in india medical termination of pregnacy mtp
    if mtp is not permitted legaly it will be done by crude methods with disastrous consequences for the healh of woman
    u make me happy

depends on the situation & extent of after effects.
    Death's A Freedom, Life's A Test - Nas.

just because woman has the womb no one can force her to coplete unwanted pregnancy
    u make me happy

This is a very sensitive issue and I can't say much about it. There are two lives at risk here and one should not opt in to do so as long as it is necessary.
    Dream, I do.

endurer
    express your opinion
    u make me happy

Well i am against it!!!
    there are so many "Tricks" to stop pragnacey ke it can be stop,as nauman said ke ager by force ho jae,well uss baby ka kya kasoor hea?it's murder you are taking the life of that baby.
    Wese bhi meri infos ke mutabikh islam also don't allow it.

even aids could not stop illicit sex,so an accidental pregnacy what woman shoud do ,suffer
    now 2 pills only
    no surgery
    in india a woman can walk into any govt medical facility and demand abortion saying her contraceptives failed
    there is no major problem
    u make me happy

Women have to be more responsible to control their emotions, plan their lives and enjoy themselves in a safe manner. The destruction of a fetus is the taking of life, just like murder. The Law of God probhits it and the law of man also prohibits murder.