Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting The Wife..

if men fearing god decide not to exploit sexualy any woman other than his wife no adultery,no illicit sex
    in india woman r thrown into mens funeral fire but not viceversa (sati)
    after her death she is worshiped what 4
    thank u,i have 2 married daughters,i want them to be treated with honour and dignity
    thank u shiriene and fatima
    kudos to shirine
    u make me happy

thanx dsjeyaji, but I think some people don't like my opinions. They want to delete my postings. And frankly I don't want to be a member of a forum where I can't express my feelings freely. So maybe this will be my last posting. I had fun at Desi Twist while it lasted. Bye.... take care

your opinion r in tune with modern times,u r such a nice person,i will definitely miss u,take care
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by SHIRENE @ Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 pm
    Why is the women stoned to death while the men she commits adultery with gets a slap on the wrist?
    Well i don't know the other stuff but if a man commits adultery he gets the same punishments like a women.

manni how many men r punished 4 adultery
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by SHIRENE @ Mon May 01, 2006 12:38 am
    What if a husband committed adultery, can the wife beat him, can she stone him and behead him?
    Can she publicly humiliate him? Why is the women stoned to death while the men she commits adultery with gets a slap on the wrist?
    Punishment for adultery of married person(male/female) is stoning to death, and for unmarried persons(male/female) is 100 lashes and one year of exile. You can read the sharia Law for for different situations and conditions

by dsjeya

You need to check the Islmic History from start till now
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya @ Mon May 01, 2006 12:42 pm
    Well let me say it's human's mistake,nothing to do with Islam

I completely agree with Dsjeya and Shirene. Hitting is not only an offence, but it is a complete sign of weakness. Even if the wife does commit a mistake, There are many other ways that a man can resort to , to make it known to her.

I dont know what Islam or for that matter any other religion says, But like Shirene, I too am personally against any form of physical abuse.

If a woman commits adultery, and the husband is hurt because of it, he can decide to opt out of their relationship, or get into a talk with her about it.. Hitting is no way to get around such a thing.So many men commit adultery, How many of them would like "a light beating" from their wives ??

Disobedience and violation of marital duties is simply no excuse to hit your spouse, is it ?What exactly is disobedience here?
    Times have changed, men expect their wives to go out, earn , contribute to the family income in addition to performing her homely duties.
    And then do you really expect the woman to put up with physical abuse just because she has disobeyed you ? We need to get along with the times .

As manni says very rightly, All this has nothing to do with Islam, it all boils down to human behaviour . There are many other things which are preached by religious books, for example, Drinking is a vice.
    Tell me, how many men follow that ?
    Mankind tends to ignore the teachings which are hard for them to follow, and embrace the ones that are easy..

I admire DSjeya's views .. Cheers ! :applaud;

How many of you would like to see your daughters or sisters beaten up by their husbands for a mistake they have committed.
    Remember , to err is human, to forgive divine .

As for Shirene, I dont know who wanted to delete her post..but I would like to say that this is a healthy debate going on, Please dont take it personally. If you dont agree with someones views, please go on and defend yourself,Deleting posts is not going to help ! Please dont get anyone to leave the forum this way !!

I myself, dont wish to offend the feelings of any member here or any religion. I respect every religion , every race and every human . So Please forgive me, if any of you has felt otherwise .

Simi jee you re trying to say that time has changed so religon should be changed??Sorry it don't makes ny sence to me.
    Well lot of ppl don't get seprated cauz of children.Well i am also not in the favour of beating n stuff but sometimes there should be some Boundries(for each man n women).