Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting The Wife..

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (An-Nisa': 34-35)

Thats what the quran says, beating (slap on face is not allowed) can be used as last option to avoid divorce.
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

beating is one of the options,but an educated man
    can refrain from using it
    a woman will not commit adultery in oneday
    mostly to get attention and affection she sacrifices her body
    thank u simi 4 your appreciation
    u make me happy

majid friend
    i did not start this topic
    as a goverment doctor i have seen 100 of cases of beatings by husbands,leading to death,permanent disability,sufferings and mental depression.
    sometimes it is so pathetic
    i am not against any religion
    u make me happy

dsjeya! Its already mentioned in the above verse that beating should be symbolic.There are some authentic ahadees (saying of prophet PBUH) about that.

similarly in last words a strong warning is given to the men that they must remember that if they unjustly resort to means of annoyance and show of strength, then God Almighty is Most High, Great and Strongest above all to take to task the wrong-doer.

Quote Originally Posted by manni9 @ Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 pm
    Simi jee you re trying to say that time has changed so religon should be changed??Sorry it don't makes ny sence to me.
    Well lot of ppl don't get seprated cauz of children.Well i am also not in the favour of beating n stuff but sometimes there should be some Boundries(for each man n women).
    No manni bhai, I did not say that ..
    I have said before, there are many other preachings too..But why do people ignore them?? Only because man's outlook towards life has changed with the times..And he basically does what he wants to ..
    You say that many people dont get separated because of children . Tell me which is better, getting separated and explaining it to the children in a proper way, or beating your wife in front of your children?

Anyway, if you do resort to beating, what effect will it have on your relationship?
    It is better to get divorced rather than be in a strained relationship and put up with physical abuse, which in turn has a bad effect on children.

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya @ Mon May 01, 2006 4:38 am
    if men fearing god decide not to exploit sexualy any woman other than his wife no adultery,no illicit sex
    in india woman r thrown into mens funeral fire but not viceversa (sati)
    after her death she is worshiped what 4
    thank u,i have 2 married daughters,i want them to be treated with honour and dignity
    thank u shiriene and fatima
    kudos to shirine
    ur welocme

AoA!

Nice to see lot of people coming up with their perspectives and ideas.

So far am only reading, trying to figure out whatever these beautiful people are saying. And Majid jazak'Allah for making valid points in the light of Qur'an and Ahadees.

By the way Shirene you haven't justified yourself yet @"It's against Islam to strike a woman....and it says so in the Holy Quran." Where does it says so in Qur'an bhai?

I want you to read thsi again a verse from Qur'an as posted by Majid.... " Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all)" Surah An 'Nisa Verse 34. And for how lightly it should be? There are many authentic Ahadees about it.

Simi have raised some questions " Drinking is a vice. Tell me, how many men follow that ? there are many other preachings too..But why do people ignore them." Very good questions Simi. I definitely will come to your questions soon.

For the time being, am off!
    May Allah Subhan'aw Ta'alah shower His blessings on all of us and guide us...Ameen!

P.S.I've nothing on my mind Majid bhai:P. Nutter here No Mind! No Attitude!!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

dear friend nutter
    sorry to hear that u have no mind
    whether it is sanctioned or not by quran is not the point, do u justify wife beating
    what if husband goes awry,any remedy 4 the wife
    except gods displeasure with him
    u make me happy

whether it is sanctioned or not by quran is not the point, do u justify wife beating
    Well question was what islam says about it, and in some cases both wife and husband needs some good beating

what if husband goes awry,any remedy 4 the wife
    awry is a raw word, please explain what do you wanna say..

Majid Bhai and Nutter, It is clear now that Islam and the holy Quran both justify it.
    We want to know your personal opinions on the matter.