Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hitting The Wife..

hitting another human in any religion is uncalled for.
    The Truth About Girls... Fine NeveR Means a Good ThinG

--------------------------

(K) <<< --- For Life!

Assalam o Alaikum

hmm nice discussion going on.
    well, i agree with everyone who has qouted Surah Al-Nisa, but unfortunatly the way they qouted it, and in the end said "so u wana disobey God" left a very negative effect on our sisters or comparatively less knowledgeable brothers.

i will try my best to completely elaborate verse number 34 of Surah Alnisa that talks about beating a women insha Allah

The ayah says :
    "[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, ** and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme."

*4:34 God prohibits wife-beating by using the best psychological approach. For example, if I don't want you to shop at Market X, I will ask you to shop at Market Y, then at Market Z, then, as a last resort, at Market X. This will effectively stop you from shopping at Market X, without insulting you. Similarly, God provides alternatives to wife-beating; reasoning with her first, then employing certain negative incentives. Remember that the theme of this sura is defending the women's rights and countering the prevalent oppression of women. Any interpretation of the verses of this sura must be in favor of the women. This sura's theme is "protection of women."
    **4:34 This expression simply means that God is appointing the husband as "captain of the ship." Marriage is like a ship, and the captain runs it after due consultation with his officers. A believing wife readily accepts God's appointment, without mutiny.

simple isnt it subhaan Allah
    if anyone doesn understand it pls leme know, i will try again insha allah

and a request to all brothers, whenever there is a issue regarding men and women equality, please be extra carefull, cuz ur tone might change all the meanings

why not allow a karate trained woman to beat wayward husband ?
    u make me happy