Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting The Wife..

What is the Islamic ruling on disciplining the wife..

When does the need arise to hit her.. is it islamically allowed to inflict pain on her in any circumstance..??

Can the wife obtain khula on the basis that she has been physically hurt by her husband??

Brothers where do you draw the line??

When does wife disciplining become necessary??

hitting is a sign of weakness
    just hit a dog and expect affection and see
    refusing to eat is a much better way
    u make me happy

It's against Islam to strike a woman....and it says so in the Holy Quran.

Personally..I'm dead against hitting a woman or even a man.:td: (some women do hit their husbands..hard to believe but its true.)

The Quran states that men and women have equal rights, but a bunch of men got together and came up with their own version of rules and regulations, in which women don't have any rights. A strong man can discipline his wife with words, not hands, and vice verse. If couples learn to compromise and communicate better there won't be a reason for violence.

hitting is an offence
    u make me happy

AoA!

The topic needs very carful handling and any false statements would lead us go astray. And my request to Shirene is, before saying anything like this i.e. Shirene wrote ..." It's against Islam to strike a woman....and it says so in the Holy Quran " kindly quote authentic hadith or verse from the Holy Qur'an. Don't just say it.

As for the Question "What is the Islamic ruling on disciplining the wife....disciplining become necessary".

The hadith in Muslim states that the Prophet in his Farewell Pilgrimage said: "Lo! My last recommendation to you is that you should TREAT WOMEN WELL. Truly they are your helpmates, and you have no right over them beyond that - EXCEPT IF THEY COMMIT A MANIFEST INDECENCY (fahisha mubina = adultery). If they do, then refuse to share their beds and beat them WITHOUT INDECENT VIOLENCE. Then, if they obey you, do not show them hostility any longer. Lo! you have a right over your women and they have a right over you. Your right over your women is that they not allow whom you hate to enter your bed nor your house. While their right over them is that you treat them excellently in their garb and provision."

After this, whatever Muslim man derogates to the recommendation of the Prophet has violated his covenant with the Prophet and shall be called to account for it; and whoever of the non-Muslim men or women claims - even the Archbishop of Canterbury and his wife - that beating women is allowed in Islam, has belied the Divine witness invoked by the Prophet and shall be called to account for it in the Divine Court.

Al-Razi (3:222) mentions that as a rule (a) it must be a light beating and (b) the face must be avoided. He added that certain of the Shafi`i jurists said "a coiled scarf (mindil malfuf) (NB: NOT "a folded handkerchief" as mistranslated by Asad) or his hand may be used but not a whip nor a stick."

When does the need arise?

Disobedience, violation of marital duties on the part of the wife etc. ( Please refer Hadiths or an Aalim for further details).

And Allah Most High knows best! Blessings and peace of Allah on the Prophet, his Family, and his Companions.

P.S. Do not be misled by the Satanic whispers of many sites on internet. Before referring to any sites make sure they are authentic, genuine and not misleading or run by the crafty anti-Islamic organisations.

Assalaamo Alaikum!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

AoA!

Indeed all praises are due to Allah, the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful; we send the blessings and peace of Allah upon the Prophet of Allah.

As for "Can the wife obtain khula on the basis that she has been physically hurt by her husband??" Kindly check the following link:

http://www.alarqam.com/alarqam/en/opinion/Khul.php

Hope it will answer your question. May Alah shower His blessings on you and all of us..ameen!

Assalamo Alaikum!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

nutter
    can wife beat her husband if husband is unfaithful
    u make me happy

I was gonna ask the same question?

dsjeyaji u took the words right out of my mouth. :ye;

What if a husband committed adultery, can the wife beat him, can she stone him and behead him?
    Can she publicly humiliate him? Why is the women stoned to death while the men she commits adultery with gets a slap on the wrist?

Why are women punished in this manner, I'll tell u why b'coz men came up with this idea not Allah. I'm sorry but I strongly oppose this rule and just coz I don't agree with it, it doesn't mean I'm influenced by "Satanic whispers of other sites on internet".

If you have time please visit this site:
    http://www.imanway.com/site/en/islam61.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya @ Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:12 pm
    nutter
    can wife beat her husband if husband is unfaithful
    Good question i lyk it