The End

Well ...Town hall is on fire..

Kool it guys..

Quote Originally Posted by myt @ Sat May 20, 2006 4:28 pm
    Well ...Town hall is on fire..

Kool it guys..
    all is cool now !

Quote Originally Posted by simi @ Sat May 20, 2006 1:11 am
    Since all this seems to be directed towards me, I would like to clarify that I will make it a point to avoid it in future..
    But nowhere is it clearly mentioned in the DT guidelines that you cannot chit chat . The smilies and comments we were using were in the teen talks secion, and it clearly says in the description "general chit chat, speak about anything here ..........." . Also,smilies are used to convey your expressions . It cannot be taken as spam .
    However, I dont want to do any such thing which slows the forum down and stuff.
    So I will be careful next time. Any inconvenience is apologised for !
    Simi Endurer is not talking about u and he is not talking about 1 person

The thing is that I have also noticed posts with only , etc and they come right after each other. Sometimes a smile says everything, but if someone continue posting only emotions one after it is spamming.

U can go off topic and almost everyone does that, but it should always be limited so members (who want to discuss the topics) can post his/her post. I have seen many threads, in which I cannot post, because members are talking about something which has no relation to with thread's topic and then I think I better not post here and disturb members chit chat. This is the thing we want to change, so everyone can come back to the topic.

It is not personal and as I said almost everyone goes off topic and we all should help each other, so we can solve the problem instead of blaming and all these irrelevant things.
    Bhulana Sakoo Gay Mujhe Bhool Kar Tum
    Mein Aksar Tumhein Yaad Ati Rahongi
    Kabhi Khuwab Ban Kar Kabhi Yaad Ban Kar
    Mein Neendein Tumhari Churati Rahongi

Ok Kainaat..I will keep that in mind. I thought endurer was talking about me and Ash since he redirected us to this thread from another one ,where Ash and me were talking to each other. Never mind !

One more thing I want to say is that, please either ban going off topic completely, or allow it fully. Thats coz it is really very difficult to draw a line and keep your talk limited.

And since it is causing a lot of trouble, I think it is better to disallow it all the way. Please post a sticky thread under all forums, forbidding members to go off topic , so that the rule is clear

We are all about members. Our community is driven by the members & for the members. I can't take actions on my own once it's legal enough and no one is getting hurt or annoyed.

All I can do at the moment is to request all of you to kindly refrain from straying off topic. We have the category [search:f9f36d192c]Forum Games[/search:f9f36d192c] for this purpose where one can play games. You are free to discuss anything you like or wish to in the teen talks but it should remain within one topic.

Posting smilies only cannot be tolerated, kindly add a little bit more to it. Endurer is not the first one to bring this topic, I had previously received complaints about it from many other members as well.

I want all of you to please make it as constructive for us as possible. Debate on this issue here and come up with suggestions. Do not pin point members, I myself once or twice strayed off topic for which I am sorry. Now that we have learned from our mistakes, It's time that we should try to look forward instead of looking backward. Remember that this of your community is starting to take shape, members are coming from virtually every part of the globe & they are seeking something different from rest of the communities.

I can't do it all on my own, my job is to pay for the server of this website, promote it, maintain it and introduce new features. I don't mind putting extra efforts in it, neither had I ever complained about how my social life has ended up. I am doing it for the love of everyone & so far I am really fortunate enough to have built a community with so many loving members.

Now it's you who hold the future, I have never asked for financial help or donations neither do I wish to nor will I ever accept it. All I need is your support & mutual well being, rest will follow, eventually.

Currently I am busy with my exams which are due on the 25th of may, I do am adding new features momentarily & will bring more once my exams are over. Also, I will soon be adding a poll to ask all of you members to elect moderators for many different of our forums.

For now I do expect a healthy debate on this topic initiated by Endurer.

Thank You

Hey admin,I have put up my suggestion already . If all of us agree that going off topic is not so good, then please post a sticky thread forbidding members to do so. But please do make it clear , so that there is no more confusion.

Also, Wish u all the best for your exams !

Thank you for your wishes Simi

Yes, I have considered them, lets wait for rest of the members to voice their opinions and we will take action accordingly.