Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comment Spam!

Hello Administrators, Co-administrators, Moderators & Respective Members.

I had been watching comment spam grow into proportions here at the message board. Almost all of the members (there are a few exceptions though) are posting smilies, humming and doing stuff that they shouldn't do.

Topics are made to discuss issues related to the very first post and not what you saw last night in a bla bla theatre or how well the nature is (weather) perfoming at your end.

A broad range of topics are available but hardly had I seen a constructive discussion related to that topic. After two or three posts it turns out to be what-my-friend-is-wearing topic. We should perhaps introduce new rules or ammend the previous policies that could appreciate people on posting objective messages. Shouldn't we?

You Instigation is very much appreciated.
    Dream, I do.

Stop guessing and start researching, It's logic my friend.

I have no problems with random discussions. Have you clearly read my first post? I am taking about comment spam and not random discussions. Instances of what I, or any wise community member over the internet defines spam as, has been provided there.
    Dream, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash @ Fri May 19, 2006 5:44 pm
    i appreciate your concerns Endurer, per i guess woh section just chit chat ke liye hai, aur wahan mostly sab randomly disucuss kartay hain.. wotz so big deal about it ?
    :ye; well i get ur point ash but Endurer has a point too like look here

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...18&no=1#173618

random smiles hmmm etc these allllllll take take space yada yada why dont people who wana just say hmmmm use the chat found here

http://www.desitwist.com/chatroom.php

I dont want to offend anyone with my comments but i totally get what Endurer is saying. Other forums i go to forbit thi spaming... it costs space and slows the forum down!!!

As posted by ash and deleted Ash @ Fri May 19, 2006 6:07 pm" WELL WELL WELL.... IF i'd say here anything NOW, it mite hurt sumone really badly."

HUNN???? If you would say here anything now???? English please!

Since all this seems to be directed towards me, I would like to clarify that I will make it a point to avoid it in future..
    But nowhere is it clearly mentioned in the DT guidelines that you cannot chit chat . The smilies and comments we were using were in the teen talks secion, and it clearly says in the description "general chit chat, speak about anything here ..........." . Also,smilies are used to convey your expressions . It cannot be taken as spam .
    However, I dont want to do any such thing which slows the forum down and stuff.
    So I will be careful next time. Any inconvenience is apologised for !

Quote Originally Posted by simi @ Fri May 19, 2006 6:11 pm
    Since all this seems to be directed towards me, I would like to clarify that I will make it a point to avoid it in future..
    But nowhere is it clearly mentioned in the DT guidelines that you cannot chit chat . The smilies and comments we were using were in the teen talks secion, and it clearly says in the description "general chit chat, speak about anything here ..........." . Also,smilies are used to convey your expressions . It cannot be taken as spam .
    However, I dont want to do any such thing which slows the forum down and stuff.
    So I will be careful next time. Any inconvenience is apologised for !
    Uhoh i guess whom evers post i use as an example will feel bad -- the point was basically the use of emoticons for one post each is kinda considered to be spam also the constant hmmming is just taking up space.

Per Endurers post let me quote "We should perhaps introduce new rules or ammend the previous policies that could appreciate people on posting objective messages. Shouldn't we? "

No fingers being posted but just asking if Endurer is the only one who finds this annyoing -- i surely do!!

well i do agree with endurer bhai...like couple of people wo are new inDt are not aware of how to post..
    just note that i am not mentioning any name bcuz it gets bak on me with lots os stupid PM's form some people who hardly use their mind

anyways bak to the point tht endurer bhai mentioned..well people on this forums are supposed to post related to the topic..as my dearest members are mentioning here that they ust post n chit chat but i can post the links of over 50 threads in which just general discussion is going on which is hardly related to thetopic..
    my dear fellows id u need to talk general or just need to post sum stupid smilies then u have some threads related to it and if its hardly to find then u can discuss your life over MSN or YAHOO and it will help other DT members to post related to the topic or to read things an sugsesstions related to the topic not related to the current weather or your life..

Quote Originally Posted by nauman143 @ Sat May 20, 2006 11:59 am
    just note that i am not mentioning any name bcuz it gets bak on me with lots os stupid PM's form some people who hardly use their mind. ..
    I have had lots of experience on that point . People who send stupid PM's to others accusing and pointing fingers at them.People who hardly use heir minds and mix up their personal lives with DT !

People saying one thing in PM's and something else in the threads in front of others. In fact I have a couple of them in my mailbox right now !

Anyway, I dont want to comment on that, Dont you think that is also out of topic here ? and since the whole discussion is on being to the point, I think you better stick to it.

Coming back to the topic, those who accuse others of idle chit chat and stuff must first look at what they are doing themselves .

This should make it clear.. Or isnt this idle chit chat ??

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...hlight=#170462

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...hlight=#170452

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...=asc&start=105

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...hlight=#170591

http://www.desitwist.com/viewtopic.p...hlight=#134376

now this is getting a bit serious again...i didnt mentioned any names at first place..and look what i get is taht soem1 pointing our straight on me ..

as u mentioned simi well i do admit and i neva said i neva did..like u r telling me for exampple keh if a person do a sin then later he cant ask anyone else to not to do it tahst really weird..

well as u posted these links of mine..i would really appreciate if u post ur own million of links in which u post without any reason and just chit chatting...

anyways i dont want to get in any kind of fight with u eva again..me just having a general discussion ova here.....i dono why u mentioned my name..as u can see with ur very own eyes taht no body mentioned any bodys name except u..so i guess u should th ink abt it again dear... laterz

Quote Originally Posted by nauman143 @ Sat May 20, 2006 1:46 pm
    now this is getting a bit serious again...i didnt mentioned any names at first place..and look what i get is taht soem1 pointing our straight on me ..

as u mentioned simi well i do admit and i neva said i neva did..like u r telling me for exampple keh if a person do a sin then later he cant ask anyone else to not to do it tahst really weird..

well as u posted these links of mine..i would really appreciate if u post ur own million of links in which u post without any reason and just chit chatting...
    Hey , are u sure this is what you want to say? As far as I know you, you will go, think about it and come back later with some more verbal assaults. By the way, I was just quoting my experiences like you quoted yours. I havent taken your name anywhere, except for the last part where I have posted your links .
    As far as the last part is concerned ,
    dont forget that I have accepted the fact that I carry on chit chat on DT. that is 'coz I didnt know it was a wrong thing to do. I have written it clearly in my reply.

But those who are accussing me , should be the ones who dont do it themselves.. Coz if u r doing it yourself, obviously you think it is the right thing to do, so dont make different rules for others ..