Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked sites in Saudi !!

Following is the lsite which shows the till recent blocked sites ..

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/filteri...abia/SA-I.html

Interesting find myt.

Why have they blocked quiz websites?
    Dream, I do.

yeah really interesting
    thx 4 sharing
    wOrK SmaRt NoT HaRd......

i tod u Saudi would be having the most blocked sites in the world!!

Its done this way : All the isp s are made to pass thru their firewalls that is located in a undegroung undisclosed location..Rumor has it that the talinas do the job!!

U all r welcome!!

Regards

P.S>-Enduere..i even i have to find thatout!!

It's ridiculous of them to have blocked some of the useful websites on the world wide web.

Pakistani's have blocked the entire of blogspot.com which is quite a paradox to president musharraf's freedom-of-speech-spectrum.

China too is blocking any website they deem inappropriate regardless of how useful it is to their people.

Do you think that government should take control and/or decide about what users can access to when it comes to the W3 ?

IMHO, Internet isn't anybody's property and these so-called governments should let users decide what they want to visit and what they do not want to. These people in power are making it an epitome of political hoghwash.
    Dream, I do.

Yes Endurer!!

U right yet again...

But people have started to realise this and are upgrading their ISP structures..

Fro eg..in the Westerners compunds in Saudi they have broken away from the main stream ISp and have fitted themselves with Dish which is without anyu firewalls thus disabling the prime objective of the blockers!!!

And i say it to be tru no one even the saudi officals can control it..

With the presence of websites providing proxy based access to other websites, nothing is impossible as far as accessing a page is concerned.

i.e. try http://www.webwarper.net

Yes, but only downlink is allowed at Pakistan from these satellite based ISP's. You have to connect through a local ISP for uplink which makes it impossible to access blocked websites.

Internet censorship is not going to help any country or government to achieve their agenda's, these obstalces are just saturating the entire process of progression.
    Dream, I do.

then u rigth again ..Adeel bhai

As one say ..u gotta do whatu gottad o !!

its on a person how he takes the input !!

Kuch sites k leye tu pakistan ko be saudia ki khidmaat lay leni chahye hain
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind