Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madrassha sex abuse

Majid bro,

i am all ready to fire up for the debate..gimme some time a day or 2..open a deabte corner on this topic..

Ill see u there...I guess this topic should be moved there..u lknow better..

Allahhafiz...

Debating view,not religion!!

Astaghfirullah

Yeh waqai insaan hain

Excuse me Naila..Whats with u ....

HAppy u ready MAjid bro...

Will paste as soon as possible...u carry on...let me hear ur part

Sexual, physical abuse at madrassas: Report
    Author: Vijay Dutt
    Publication: The Hindustan Times
    Date: March 22, 2006

Some madrassas in Pakistan have been accused of nurturing terrorists and suicide bombers, but the charge by Muslim leaders in Britain that up to 100,000 of schoolchildren from the community are being exposed to physical and sexual abuse by their religious teachers here every year, has shocked the authorities.

The report into the Islamic education system in this country said the Muslim children studying in 700 Britain's madrassas were "at significant" risk of abuse. It said up to 40 per cent of teachers in the madrassas hit or scold their pupils and between 15-20 cases of sex abuse occur every year, which are generally suppressed.

Of the 700 madrassas almost a half use unlawful corporal punishment to discipline pupils, the report said. The potential scale of the abuse has led to fears among Muslim leaders in Muslim Parliament of Great Britain (MPG) that mosque-based schools will face the kind of child abuse claims that has recently scandalised the Roman Catholic Church.

Ghayasuddin Sidiqui of the MPG said that local imams are not taking their duty to protect children seriously and exposing young boys and girls to lasting hurt.

Dr Sidiqqui has urged the Government to establish a national registration scheme for madrassas, co-ordinated centrally and monitored by local authorities, to meet their legal obligations under The Children Act 1989. "Sweeping the issue of child abuse in UK madrassas under the carpet is not a solution. If nothing is done now we may face an avalanche of child sex-abuse scandals, decades afterwards, similar to those that had rocked the Roman Catholic Church in the 1990s."

Ann Cryer MP, praising MP's stand said failing to protect the children in madrassas because of "cultural sensitivities" was nonsense.

Muslim leaders fear thousands of children are abused at madrassas
    Date 2006/3/27 8:52:43 | Topic: Top Stories: World

By Robert Verkaik, Legal Affairs Correspondent
    Published: 22 March 2006
    The Independent

Thousands of Muslim schoolchildren are being physically and sexually abused by their religious teachers every year, according to a report into the Islamic education system in this country.

The potential scale of the abuse has led to fears among Muslim leaders that Britain's Mosque-based schools will face the kind of child abuse claims that has recently scandalised the Roman Catholic Church.

Up to 100,000 children are taught at 700 Islamic schools, or madrassas, of which almost a half use unlawful corporal punishment to discipline pupils, says the report into child protection published today by the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain. The authors also warn that each year at least a dozen children are sexually abused by their teachers and Imans with very few cases ever being made public.

Years of unregulated education means that tens of thousands of Muslim pupils now face a significant risk of harm by attending school, says the report.

"Because of the fear of child abuse some parents prefer home tuition instead, a practice said to be flourishing," it adds.

Today, the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain will urge the Government to establish a national registration scheme for madrassas, co-ordinated centrally and monitored by local authorities, to meet their legal obligations under The Children Act 1989.

Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, leader of the Muslim Parliament, will say: "Sweeping the issue of child abuse in UK madrassas under the carpet is not a solution. If nothing is done now we may face an avalanche of child sex-abuse scandals, decades afterwards, similar to those that had rocked the Roman Catholic Church in the 1990s. To protect the integrity of these valued institutions it is important that all madrassas put in place transparent and accountable policies and procedures for all."

Anne Cryer MP for Keighley praises the Muslim Parliament for taking stand against child abuse in the Muslim community.

"This is a very important report. I warmly welcome it and would like to commend the Muslim Parliament for its bravery for having the courage to tackle this issue. I have had reports of physical abuse in madrassas in my own constituency. It is a child protection and criminal matter. It must stop. Madrassas are no different to any other organisation that works with children - Criminal Record Bureau checks and child protection procedures must be in place."

The report makes it clear that the discussion of sexual abuse in madrassas is suppressed. "Hence when such a crime is committed, the victim knows no one to turn to and the abusers are answerable to no one. This protects the abuser and ostracises the victim."

Ms Cryer added: "Failing to protect the children in madrassas because of "cultural sensitivities" is nonsense. Are we saying that British Asian children are not entitled to the protection of the law?"

She concluded: "It is racist to differentiate between children and to fail to offer that protection."

Thousands of Muslim schoolchildren are being physically and sexually abused by their religious teachers every year, according to a report into the Islamic education system in this country.

The potential scale of the abuse has led to fears among Muslim leaders that Britain's Mosque-based schools will face the kind of child abuse claims that has recently scandalised the Roman Catholic Church.

Up to 100,000 children are taught at 700 Islamic schools, or madrassas, of which almost a half use unlawful corporal punishment to discipline pupils, says the report into child protection published today by the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain. The authors also warn that each year at least a dozen children are sexually abused by their teachers and Imans with very few cases ever being made public.

Years of unregulated education means that tens of thousands of Muslim pupils now face a significant risk of harm by attending school, says the report.

"Because of the fear of child abuse some parents prefer home tuition instead, a practice said to be flourishing," it adds.

Today, the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain will urge the Government to establish a national registration scheme for madrassas, co-ordinated centrally and monitored by local authorities, to meet their legal obligations under The Children Act 1989.

Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, leader of the Muslim Parliament, will say: "Sweeping the issue of child abuse in UK madrassas under the carpet is not a solution. If nothing is done now we may face an avalanche of child sex-abuse scandals, decades afterwards, similar to those that had rocked the Roman Catholic Church in the 1990s. To protect the integrity of these valued institutions it is important that all madrassas put in place transparent and accountable policies and procedures for all."

Anne Cryer MP for Keighley praises the Muslim Parliament for taking stand against child abuse in the Muslim community.

"This is a very important report. I warmly welcome it and would like to commend the Muslim Parliament for its bravery for having the courage to tackle this issue. I have had reports of physical abuse in madrassas in my own constituency. It is a child protection and criminal matter. It must stop. Madrassas are no different to any other organisation that works with children - Criminal Record Bureau checks and child protection procedures must be in place."

The report makes it clear that the discussion of sexual abuse in madrassas is suppressed. "Hence when such a crime is committed, the victim knows no one to turn to and the abusers are answerable to no one. This protects the abuser and ostracises the victim."

Ms Cryer added: "Failing to protect the children in madrassas because of "cultural sensitivities" is nonsense. Are we saying that British Asian children are not entitled to the protection of the law?"

She concluded: "It is racist to differentiate between children and to fail to offer that protection."

SOURCE: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/leg...icle352827.ece

This article comes from Northeast Intelligence Network
    http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site

The URL for this story is:
    http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/si...hp?storyid=197

Quote Originally Posted by mytonse @ Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:31 pm
    Excuse me Naila..Whats with u ....

HAppy u ready MAjid bro...

Will paste as soon as possible...u carry on...let me hear ur part
    Maine yeh islie kaha keh MULLAAH's aise kaise kar sakte haiin :duno;

brother itna lambay articles post karne ki zaroorat nahi hai

Main points ye hain ka 100,000 childrens sexually abuse ho sakthay hain (dunya k saray he bachay sexually abuse ho sakthay hain)
    aur doosra ka yearly dozen cases hothay hain sexual abuse k ..jo report nahi hothay ...leader ko pata hotha hai but wo mention be nahi kertha

childline ki statistics k mutabiq last year 9800 childrens uk mein sexually abuse hoye hain

Brother abb ek taraf 9800 cases aur doosri taraf dozen cases (jisska koi proof be nahi hai) tu per iss say kahan prove hotha hai ka madrassas mein sab say zyada childrens sexually abuse hothay hain???

Brother ye lengthy article post karne ki bajaye bottom line lek leya kero aur ye prove kero ka sab say zyada sexual abuse k cases madrassas mein hothay hain
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

Quote Originally Posted by mytonse @ Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:38 pm
    Sexual, physical abuse at madrassas: Report
    Author: Vijay Dutt
    Publication: The Hindustan Times
    Date: March 22, 2006

Some madrassas in Pakistan have been accused of nurturing terrorists and suicide bombers, but the charge by Muslim leaders in Britain that up to 100,000 of schoolchildren from the community are being exposed to physical and sexual abuse by their religious teachers here every year, has shocked the authorities.

The report into the Islamic education system in this country said the Muslim children studying in 700 Britain's madrassas were "at significant" risk of abuse. It said up to 40 per cent of teachers in the madrassas hit or scold their pupils and between 15-20 cases of sex abuse occur every year, which are generally suppressed.

Of the 700 madrassas almost a half use unlawful corporal punishment to discipline pupils, the report said. The potential scale of the abuse has led to fears among Muslim leaders in Muslim Parliament of Great Britain (MPG) that mosque-based schools will face the kind of child abuse claims that has recently scandalised the Roman Catholic Church.

Ghayasuddin Sidiqui of the MPG said that local imams are not taking their duty to protect children seriously and exposing young boys and girls to lasting hurt.

Dr Sidiqqui has urged the Government to establish a national registration scheme for madrassas, co-ordinated centrally and monitored by local authorities, to meet their legal obligations under The Children Act 1989. "Sweeping the issue of child abuse in UK madrassas under the carpet is not a solution. If nothing is done now we may face an avalanche of child sex-abuse scandals, decades afterwards, similar to those that had rocked the Roman Catholic Church in the 1990s."

Ann Cryer MP, praising MP's stand said failing to protect the children in madrassas because of "cultural sensitivities" was nonsense.
    Could you please, post the link also of this article. Look interesting need to see.

there is nothing new in these articles, it is very simple if you want to demoralise any thing attack on their school of thoughts, so this is what is happining here, they have done this in west with catholic schools and now see what is happining people doesnt have faith in religious schools and even in faith now,
    i dont think so this whole issue has to do anything with child molestation, they just want to close the madrassa(Urdu of school anyway), so they are portraing madrassa as a source to child abuse, its not only madrassa, in fact it is much more in society than madrassa, so if they really want to do something about it, they have must do something about the evil, not just to fulfill their goal hiding behind that evil,
    and second thing the weblinks supplied here are not reliable,facts about pakistan is not spreading facts but trying to scare people about pakistan, and yeah about danial pipe, who doesnt about him? he is simply against ideolgy of islam, and according to him to finish so called terrorism they must bring a war on almost all muslim countries, atleast i dont buy danial pipe,s or kind of his ideas
    Oh Ho aik tau aap log bhi naa

Nip,

Me being a muslim know exactly the knowledge and lifestyle..i have visited personally at home in India and evens aved my cousin..I swear its brutal..The place is secluded..it all like a prison camp..i am not saying or asking for madrassa sto be closed..there should be a transperancy and rules...for plantiff childresn..MAulas are our guide....Now if they turn it this way..what will we do..

Majid bhai,

U r a supersonic personality...U r blending is g8..Jis portion padj ke muje gussa aata hai wahi pe laughing similey laga di !!

As for long articles ..u asked for proof and i provided it ..its not my fault for the prrof to be long !!

Now say ur say....I am ready with weapons .