Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World oF JavaScript --- JavaScript Tutorial

Hey Friends starting a good topic in this section. Hope that everyone like it and enjoy it
    Please reply To my Topic and Please do Rate.

Hey i m not master in Java script but we can learn all together.
    Rahen ,mytonse and Endurer U all are really Good in Html now lets do bit of java script . what u say friends..

This topic is for Open discussion any one can contribute..or atleast say thanks
    But see to it there is repost in script.

Lets Get started

JavaScript Tutorial

Intro

JavaScript is the scripting language of the Web!

JavaScript is used in millions of Web pages to improve the design, validate forms, detect browsers, create cookies, and much more.

JavaScript is the most popular scripting language on the internet.

JavaScript is easy to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[JavaScript is used in millions of Web pages to improve the design, validate forms, detect browsers, create cookies, and much more.

JavaScript is the most popular scripting language on the internet, and works in all major browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, Opera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    NOTE:  Friends Before you continue you should have a basic understanding  in HTML
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is JavaScript?

JavaScript was designed to add interactivity to HTML pages
    JavaScript is a scripting language (a scripting language is a lightweight programming language)
    A JavaScript consists of lines of executable computer code
    A JavaScript is usually embedded directly into HTML pages
    JavaScript is an interpreted language (means that scripts execute without preliminary compilation)
    Everyone can use JavaScript without purchasing a license

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Java and JavaScript the Same?

NO!

Java and JavaScript are two completely different languages in both concept and design!

Java (developed by Sun Microsystems) is a powerful and much more complex programming language - in the same category as C and C++.

What can a JavaScript Do?

JavaScript gives HTML designers a programming tool - HTML authors are normally not programmers, but JavaScript is a scripting language with a very simple syntax! Almost anyone can put small "snippets" of code into their HTML pages
    JavaScript can put dynamic text into an HTML page - A JavaScript statement like this: document.write("<h1>" + name + "</h1>") can write a variable text into an HTML page
    JavaScript can react to events - A JavaScript can be set to execute when something happens, like when a page has finished loading or when a user clicks on an HTML element
    JavaScript can read and write HTML elements - A JavaScript can read and change the content of an HTML element
    JavaScript can be used to validate data - A JavaScript can be used to validate form data before it is submitted to a server, this will save the server from extra processing
    JavaScript can be used to detect the visitor's browser - A JavaScript can be used to detect the visitor's browser, and - depending on the browser - load another page specifically designed for that browser
    JavaScript can be used to create cookies - A JavaScript can be used to store and retrieve information on the visitor's computer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bluehacks,
    Splendid start on u r part...I will be helping u as much as all..Glas u made the start...

Looking forward to more tuts from u mate...

Sincerely,

M.Y.TONSE

Thanks for the reply...

pLease Rate my Thread..lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:up;
    good start- nice info also. i dont know javascript but through ur post i will soon learn.

i will rate when u will come a bit ahead in dis topic.

The HTML <script> tag is used to insert a JavaScript into an HTML page

The HTML <script> tag is used to insert a JavaScript into an HTML page

How to Put a JavaScript Into an HTML Page

Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("Hello World!")
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>
    The code above will produce this output on an HTML page:

Code:
    Hello World!
    Example Explained
    To insert a JavaScript into an HTML page, we use the <script> tag (also use the type attribute to define the scripting language).

So, the <script type="text/javascript"> and </script> tells where the JavaScript starts and ends:
    Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>
    The word document.write is a standard JavaScript command for writing output to a page.

By entering the document.write command between the <script type="text/javascript"> and </script> tags, the browser will recognize it as a JavaScript command and execute the code line. In this case the browser will write Hello World! to the page:
    Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>
    Note: If we had not entered the <script> tag, the browser would have treated the document.write("Hello World!") command as pure text, and just write the entire line on the page.

Ending Statements With a Semicolon?
    With traditional programming languages, like C++ and Java, each code statement has to end with a semicolon.

Many programmers continue this habit when writing JavaScript, but in general, semicolons are optional! However, semicolons are required if you want to put more than one statement on a single line.

How to Handle Older Browsers
    Browsers that do not support JavaScript will display the script as page content. To prevent them from doing this, we may use the HTML comment tag:
    Code:
    <!--
    //-->
    </script>
    The two forward slashes at the end of comment line (//) are a JavaScript comment symbol. This prevents the JavaScript compiler from compiling the line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Will go thru..and paste my learning status..Good Show mate

Keep it up!!

v.nice and learned it
    but i have a Q? how can we put more than one statement in a single line- like we will not use any break
    or wat???

well done :up;

thanks 4 sharing