Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!Circumcision 'could cut HIV risk' !!

Beautiful? Are You Kidding Me?

Oh, and 'Endurer' - in answer to your last question here - the answer is definitely 'barbaric'! How can you call some thing that sick, 'beautiful'? Man, I really do not understand some people in this world! Baffling!

circumscision has benefits
    shout be done aseptically by surgeon at an approprate age
    did not christians go for baptism
    in some sects of hinduism hot wheel is appled on the back to get a wheel like scar
    u make me happy

Differences Of Opinion

Okay, fine, every one! What ever! My opinion on this issue is obviously quite different than all of your opinions on it.

Muzi, you said: "Ah, yes, another idiot waffling about some bullshit that he thinks it is right". Well, you think you are right in your opinion and I think your opinion is bullshit! So, I guess we are even! Just because you believe differently than me does not mean that your opinion is better than mine! Do you think that what you believe is always better than what any one else believes? You can believe what ever you want to, but that is no reason to discard my opinion, just because it is not your own!

Again, I could have made my point by being less extreme, but I just feel strongly about this subject, that is all!

I am kind of curious as to why Muslims seem to be so pro-circumcision when the Qur'an never says a word about it! Why is that? Are there any Hadiths on this issue, either? I am just trying to understand this, that is all. If there are any, could you let me know? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthewarrior, post: 394770
    Uh...Endurer...your page says you are a Muslim; why are talking about and using Jewish terminology? Which is it? Are you a Jew or a Muslim?
    Good God! What is it with you? Now are you suggesting that I am an anti-semitic?

Also, the Qur'an, in case you had not noticed, never mentions circumcision once! Why are you using the beliefs of a different religion (Judaism) to defend your beliefs about circumcision?
    Where exactly did I use religion to defend my belief? No seriously, what's your age again? I merely hyperlinked articles, articles that I am sure you haven't read -- articles that suggest it's a better option.

Oh, and 'Endurer' - in answer to your last question here - the answer is definitely 'barbaric'! How can you call some thing that sick, 'beautiful'? Man, I really do not understand some people in this world! Baffling!
    Barbaric? If this is your definition of barbaric then I am pretty sure getting out of your mother's womb was barbaric too, amputation to save one's life is barbaric right? how about nose piercing? tattooing? body art? boob jobs? liposuction? all barbaric?

BTW are you blabbering just for the heck of it or is it a sexual preference of yours that you want to defend?
    Dream, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthewarrior, post: 394799
    Okay, fine, every one! What ever! My opinion on this issue is obviously quite different than all of your opinions on it.

Muzi, you said: "Ah, yes, another idiot waffling about some bullshit that he thinks it is right". Well, you think you are right in your opinion and I think your opinion is bullshit! So, I guess we are even! Just because you believe differently than me does not mean that your opinion is better than mine! Do you think that what you believe is always better than what any one else believes? You can believe what ever you want to, but that is no reason to discard my opinion, just because it is not your own!

Again, I could have made my point by being less extreme, but I just feel strongly about this subject, that is all!

I am kind of curious as to why Muslims seem to be so pro-circumcision when the Qur'an never says a word about it! Why is that? Are there any Hadiths on this issue, either? I am just trying to understand this, that is all. If there are any, could you let me know? Thanks!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khitan_(circumcision)
    Dream, I do.

My Opinions

Endurer, I was not suggesting that you were anti-Semitic; that is ridiculous! I was only wondering why you would mention Judaism in relation to circumcision, when you are a Muslim; I just did not understand that; that is all.

I thought you were using religion to back up your beliefs because of your mention of Judaism; that is all. My age, by the way, is thirty! LOL

No, Endurer, I do not consider body piercing, tattooing, et cetera, to be barbaric! I have had piercings myself, over the years. I stand against circumcision because I feel it to be unnecessary; I have already explained my position against circumcision! I have always been against it, am now, and always will be strongly against circumcision! That is just how I personally feel! As I mentioned before, that is just my personal opinion; you are entitled to your opinions as well, of course, just as I am entitled to mine!

What does my sexual orientation have to do with any of this? - "Am you blabbering just for the heck of it, or is it a sexual preference of yours that you want to defend?" I never mentioned my sexual orientation in any of this, nor did homosexuality have any thing to do with this thread! Where did that remark come from? What did you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthewarrior, post: 394837
    Endurer, I was not suggesting that you were anti-Semitic; that is ridiculous! I was only wondering why you would mention Judaism in relation to circumcision, when you are a Muslim; I just did not understand that; that is all.
    Why does quoting a piece from another religion puzzle you? Last I checked, this topic was still related to the pros / cons of circumcision -- something favored by both Islam and Judaism.

I thought you were using religion to back up your beliefs because of your mention of Judaism; that is all. My age, by the way, is thirty! LOL
    Am I the only one who sees irony in that or did you miss your reading lessons back in school?

No, Endurer, I do not consider body piercing, tattooing, et cetera, to be barbaric! I have had piercings myself, over the years.
    Neither do I and know why? Because it's their personal decision - something we should learn to respect more often than we'd like to.

I stand against circumcision because I feel it to be unnecessary; I have already explained my position against circumcision! I have always been against it, am now, and always will be strongly against circumcision! That is just how I personally feel! As I mentioned before, that is just my personal opinion; you are entitled to your opinions as well, of course, just as I am entitled to mine!
    To begin with, I never attacked your opinion at the first place. But you, on the other hand, had pretty colorful stuff to say about mine. Again, it's the personal opinion of yours that you're entitled to and honestly I don't have the time right now to persuade you to think otherwise.

As far as my view goes, circumcision is the right thing to do and it's not barbaric or satanic in any way whatsoever.
    Dream, I do.

Irony?

Hey, Endurer! What did you mean by: "Am I the only one who sees irony in that, or did you miss your reading lessons back in school?" What was ironic about what I had said?

Again, man, I am sorry for coming across so strongly; some of what I said was uncalled for! I guess I can be kind of extreme some times!