Thread: wide spread child abuse in pakistani madrissah's

Clerics in Pakistani Madrassas are being accused of sexual abuse of male children. Their response is to issue death threats against the the minister responsible for revealing the allegations.

The BBC reports:

There were 500 complaints this year of abuse allegedly committed by clerics, Aamer Liaquat Hussain, a minister in the religious affairs department, said. That compares with 2,000 last year, but as yet there have been no successful prosecutions, Mr Hussain told the BBC.

Mr Hussain said he had received death threats from clerics, but that he had done his job and his conscience was clear. ... [T]he revelations have angered some Islamic leaders. At a parliamentary meeting this week, some demanded he apologise.
    I've read about these accusations before, but now it sounds like something might actually be done about it. This would appear to be expected in a situation where religious leaders are given absolutely authority alongside little to know independent oversight. Who is in a position to question or challenge the actions of these clerics? They can threaten the lives of anyone who crosses them, and without fear of repercussions it seems.

First of all that picture is not of any pakistani religious Scholar,Its pic of Iraq/Iran late shia religious leader Baqir-ul-Hakeem. And for your kind information Anti-shia orginazitions in pakistan and through out the world is already using that pic against shia's

And secondly its a political statment, Amir liaqut was able to prove only one such case, and that case was already a hot issue at that time and the teacher involved in it was already arrested by police on the complaint of student.

Musharraf is promoting that fake Dr Amir Liaquat just like General Ayub was promoting Ghulam Perviz, According to him he is a doctor in islamic studies from spain, but according to newspaper's his degree's are fake , and he had got them in 3 weeks :lol: through web from "http://www.trinityeducation.com/".

And lastly how can they use a picture of another country leader to defame Pakistan?? :x if BBC had used that pic, then suerly they had to apologize over that. So please give me link of that news.
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

atheism.about.com that is afridi.

no BBC isn't responsible for that picture, i was about to caption this topic as 'wide spread child abuse in the Islamic world' but then thought that it would be too much.

about dr.amir, i heard a lot about him on ary one world lately, yes musharaf's favorite is being rewarded and can't be held accountable just like the major-doctor rape case. such is the being of justice in pakistan. i guess mukhtar mai alongwith 'shari adalat' was just a clip of whats more to come in not a very pluralistic pakistan.

about d.amir, i must say that he has done a fairly good job by revealing the hidden flith in pakistani madrisah's.

all RELIGIONS are perfect.
    Humans are not.

In Christians there are some priest who do it.
    In Hinduism... some sadhus and preists do this..
    and in Muslims some Imams or preists do it..

But that does not mean raising finger on the whole religion and all honest priests....

again I repeat...

all RELIGIONS are perfect.
    Humans are not.