Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expenditure of President General Pervez Musharaff?

Rs700,000 is spent daily for the running of the President House. Another Rs700,000 is spent at the Prime Minister’s residence.

My question, where does all this money come from when we don't have enough to provide the common man with water, generate enough electricity for the whole country, provide basic health facilities for every one, give the schools non-broken buildings, get teachers for those schools, get internet connectivity for the country, make good public libraries, etc...
    :x

Seven hundred thouand rs daily? Dude thats a lot of money. Nevertheless, he is not the only one to be blamed, his favorite general (sitting in civil offices) & ministers (sugar mills, steel mill, petroleum, telecom) are making twice that amount of money daily.
    Dream, I do.

Like they say--- "Monkey see, monkey do..." (I guess...)
    The generals in the civil positions, and the sugar mill owners, at least they are doing some thing (even if it is a very very tiney thing) for the betterment of the country (themselves mostly, but the country does benefit as an afterthought...). Besides, they do have to work a bit (you know, go here and there, bribe people, sweet talk some, intimidate others, etc...) and they don't mostly eat the peoples money (read tax payers taxes...). And against them, we have a choice. They are where they are because we chose for them to be their, I mean, if we were to stop using their products, they would go down. As an example, we can look at the recent agitation over the cartoons in the Danish Newspapers (the names just too hard to pronounce... :bg, when Muslims boycotted a lot of Danish products, their industrialists sensed major trouble and made the government make an official apology... If we can make the Danish Industry worried that they could go down without us, I'm sure that the people of Pakistan can make teh sugar mill owners realize that without us, they are nothing.... We can't do that to the president... (unless of course we want a revolution:blee; )...
    Besides, this 7 Lakh is just on the president house and the staff, nothing to say of the cars, their pertrol or other miscelleneous expenses like aiurline tickets and the occasional expense to clear up and baricade a picnic spot for his family and the expenses on any parties he might feel in the mood for throwing...
    So--- :x

What are the generals & politicans giving in return? name one.

As for the economic sanctions and all that post-cartoon measures that we as a nation took wasn't actually serving the purpose. All that we as an ostensible muslim nation did (burning shopping malls, destroying public properties, robbing banks to name a few) was in no way acceptable to an ordinary peace-loving person.
    Dream, I do.

Well, at least they sometimes sit in the office at run the government machinery, or perhaps let it drag, still...
    About the riots and stuff, I was not pointing towards them, I abhore them as much as the next civilized man, however, the point is, that we (not Pakistanis, most of them are just plain stupid and resort to violence, I'm refering to the millions of Muslims worldwide, like in Dubai, Saudia Arabia, America, Canada, etc...) did make the Danish industry grind to a halt (perhaps I'm exadurating, I don't have the exact figures and am quite too lazy to get them, but I do know from hearing and reading that we did have a significant effect on the Danish industry, like fast food...). If we can do that to something as big as a multinational, why cant we, as Pakistanis, unite against the sugar mills, etc...
    If we stop buying sugar for a month or two, no ones gonna die, but the sugar prices would have come down in a hurry, basic supply and demand (I'm have absolutely no idea what that phrase means, just using it for the dramatic effect... )...
    My point is, that we can do something against those business men, what can we do against the president. He is not a man who would step down, even if all the public of Pakistan demands it... He's got the whole army backing him...
    So, I'm frustrated that 7 Lakh of our public money is being spent on and we can't do a thing about it...

Quote Originally Posted by theonejb @ Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:33 pm
    why cant we, as Pakistanis, unite against the sugar mills, etc...
    Gone are the days when our janta used to protest against all evils. Everyone is busy in making money. Take the petrol price hike for an example, how many of us are willing to do something?

If we stop buying sugar for a month or two, no ones gonna die, but the sugar prices would have come down in a hurry, basic supply and demand
    Sugar is not a neck tie or jazz ka 1000 rs wala card that we can live with or without. As far as demand & supply are concerned; believe me, we do not need to import sugar from India or anywhere if they (the sugar mills owners) stop exporting sugar to afghanistan and the middle east.

My point is, that we can do something against those business men, what can we do against the president. He is not a man who would step down, even if all the public of Pakistan demands it... He's got the whole army backing him...
    So, I'm frustrated that 7 Lakh of our public money is being spent on and we can't do a thing about it...
    Army is supportng him because he is feeding the army with a how-many-billion-dollars defense budget, major construction contracts (NHA & NLC for an example), supervision of all govt companies (wapda and it's franchises) e.t.c. Oh & we do have two retired army officers appointed as governor of punjab & nwfp.

It's not the 7 lack daily expeses of the presidency, It's that inflation & an ever increasing rate of corruption in the country that frustratates the hell out of me. Oh &, I don't want to die for a country that even didn't gave respect to A.Q. Khan. The whole country can go to hell for all I care.
    Dream, I do.

well i think Cuz ppl elected him and for his security he can do that
    as he already faced some incidents
    You know What i Mean!

OK, so first of all, sorry for the late reply...
    My Land Line was dead, courtesy of the ever so hardworking PTCL...

Secondly, I have lost track of what we are discussing, you say that the people won't do any thing, I say the same, only the words are different...
    Its like were just repeating ourselves in different words...

As for not giving a damn about this courty, I really think your being a little too harsh. The things you mentiioned have nothing to do with the country, its the system that is broken and, well, basically run by stupid idiotic self-centered people...

I think we should start a discussion on how to improve the system (or if you wan't, we could continue the same one, just; define what we are dicussing...)...

Quote Originally Posted by theonejb @ Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:23 am
    OK, so first of all, sorry for the late reply...
    My Land Line was dead, courtesy of the ever so hardworking PTCL...

Secondly, I have lost track of what we are discussing, you say that the people won't do any thing, I say the same, only the words are different...
    Its like were just repeating ourselves in different words...

As for not giving a damn about this courty, I really think your being a little too harsh. The things you mentiioned have nothing to do with the country, its the system that is broken and, well, basically run by stupid idiotic self-centered people...

I think we should start a discussion on how to improve the system (or if you wan't, we could continue the same one, just; define what we are dicussing...)...
    Welcome back. I had been expecting your reply for so long & believe me thats exactly how I perceived the reason for your absence.

I can justify that assertion of mine. See, we cant raise our voice fearing the ISI or our police department/corrupt politicians (who can go to any extent in order to curb our voices). Here is a NYtimes article on a journalish who was shot dead by ISI.

Hayatullah Khan, 29, a Pakistani journalist missing for six months, was found dead outside a village in the tribal region of Waziristan. He had been shot from behind and "was wearing government handcuffs," his brother, Ihsanullah Khan Dawar, said by telephone. Mr. Dawar said he had been assured by Pakistani officials that his brother was alive but being detained for reasons relating to national security, and he blamed a Pakistani intelligence agency for the killing.
    Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/17/wo...39f98c&ei=5070

If this is what you get for raising your voice then sadly I'm not the one for it.
    [hr:66f436c0e2]

I cannot believe on what the government has to say about AQ khan as I strongly believe that the officials from the government of Pakistan were involved or rather the real culrpits behind that nuclear exchange. How can AQ khan alone carry those nukes to NK or Iran?

If a high profile person like AQ khan, whom the nation loves, can be defamed by the government just to keep their bosses happy, then sadly we are just a number to them which can be wiped out at a roadside accident.

Now lets turn the wheels to a more optimistic & constructive discussion. Musharraf has been seen as more of a tyrant by fundamentalists & opposition parties, which to me is totally not true. Yes, he is the one responsible for such a wallpapered government which in return is responsible for all that is happening today.

We have a weak foreign policy, we rely more on donations than we do on trade. Our system is one of the most corrupt systems in the world where you have to bribe for everything. Our president is not ashamed of broadcasting an equivocal message where he sees economic progress in terms of the number of TV sets in everyones house e.t.c. & the list goes on.

So, what can be done to secure the future of the country & it's nationals? How can we uproot corruption from the country?
    Dream, I do.

OK, so let me put this as bluntly as possible. I won't be replying to any topics for about a month. Not because I'm bored or anything, just that I have to give the entrance test for UET next month and I really need to work on the FSC. syllabus (why can't they have pity on us and use the A Levels syllabus, still...) and I really need to get into UET, so, no net for the next month.
    Near the middle of the next month, I'll start the discussion again, so, till then, good bye...