Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DesiTwist Limelight: RAHEN

Can you give us a brief bio?

I was born on the 11th October. Parents named me Fatima.

My hobbies are reading self-help books, magazines and chit chatting. I am fun loving, health conscious, nature loving person, who is constantly looking for something different to do.

What is your educational background?

I completed my FCS, and then did some short courses like fashion designing, Art and Craft, Hardware and Networking, Computerized Accounting e.t.c.

What do you consider as your accomplishments up to this point?

Whatever I have achieved so far is an accomplishment for myself.

What are your favorite books? Movies? TV shows? Music? Games? Food’s? Beverages?

First and foremost, The holy Quran. I learned a lot from this book of the Almighty.

I like reading books related to Self-help, Art and craft. My favorite authors are Dale Carnegie and Dalai Lama.

Movies based on relationships, action, & comedy are my favorites though I prefer watching cartoons instead of movies.

I like shows that teach something like cooking, fashion designing….and teach the lifestyle of one country or religion. I like discovering the lifestyles of people from another culture.

Discussion based on Islamic (code of life) are my favorites.

I love listening to guitars. I have listened to many songs but there are no preferences.

I like playing ludo, monopoly, brick game, forum games & some ball games.

I like drinking Pokka’s Aloevera with peach pieces, water, banana milk shake, fresh juice of pomegranate and grapefruit.

What do you do for fun?

Well I am a fun loving person and I do many things for fun in my home. Cuddling with my siblings, playing with water, uttering words in parrot-fashion like 'tujhe talculator tahi tet' to name a few. Above all, I really enjoy with kids because they know how to have fun with elders while giving them their due respect at the same time.

What do you do for relaxation?

I pray, do meditation(free of thinking about anything, quiet) in open space without noise sitting towards the west for the wind to go through me. sleep in silence.

What is your ultimate professional goal?

Absolutely nothing at the moment.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known 5 years ago?

• Not everyone's your friend.
    • There are crocodiles in standing water.
    • Find reason to live happily and successfully
    • Don't ever try to predict your future. Lets say, if you want to do something and there is a predominant fear of outdoing the deadline then leave it. It's useless to do that. Do whatever you want to do & leave the rest on Allah, the exalted.
    • Do dream but don’t make it you aim in life because dreams are not always achievable. The fear of not getting what you once dreamed for is more painful than the word pain itself.
    • Speak your heart out. It's stupid to keep the thoughts buried inside because they serve no purpose.
    • Listen to everyone but do what you really want to do.
    • Be yourself, no matter what the circumstances are.

Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.

I was born on thursday 15th Muharram 1405 A.H.

How did you come to be a part of DesiTwist?

While I was searching for entertaining videos for my mom. On that day I browsed for many hours, found many sites and registered at all of them after reading what these sites were all about. On that day I registered at DT as well - surely after going through some of the sections.

I fell in love with this place and members here attracted me. I wholeheartedly became a part of DesiTwist.com.

Which part of DesiTwist do you visit the most?

I mostly visit every section except 5.

How did it feel when you were asked to become a Moderator of DesiTwist?

The most complicated question of my life has always been “What do I want right at this very moment?” and due to this question in my life, I take up new challenges and try them. I was going through this mindset during the time when I was asked about being a moderator. I accepted that instantly after reading Admin’s pm. I felt that a responsibility is being given to me.

You seem to have great knowledge about handling relationships. What advice can you give us on how to deal with problems that occur with our loved ones?

There is a quote in urdu. Phoolon se to sub hi muhabbat karte hai lekin kanton ko bhi apni muhabbat mein jo shareek kare wo aashiq hai. Avoid doing things that can make your prince transform into a frog.

Now this is taken from a site after careful reading.

Traditionally, when couples fight, have misunderstandings, discover a lack of things in common, or confront the challenge of incompatibility, their first instinct is to flee while rationalizing to themselves "this will never work, we're just too different."

1. Define the issue – truthfully express what is disturbing you in as much detail as possible.
    2. Feel your feelings – experience and communicate your feelings as honestly and openly as you can in the moment you are feeling them.
    3. Remember that you care – keep in mind that ongoing relationships are a mosaic made up of many facets, and there is more to your partner and your relationship than any one issue.
    4. Beware of self-sabotage – stay aware of what's going on inside you during a rough spot in the relationship, don't allow old negative behavior patterns to swamp the present moment.
    5. Change your mind – open yourself to the fact that any issue can be understood and interpreted in a variety of ways, otherwise you'll continue to stay in a rut and progressively dig the hole deeper with every conflict.
    6. Take personal responsibility – ask yourself in what way or ways do you contribute to the situation that upsets you. Rarely if ever in an ongoing relationship does a difficulty arise that has not been contributed to by both partners.
    7. Remember that your partner is not you – learn to internalize and understand that your partner is not you. Your resolutions will be respectful of your differences only when you both find ways to empathize with the other's point of view.
    8. Be consciously creative – hold the other in your consciousness as you want to be held. Appreciate and value the other's experience in the ways that it is different from yours.
    9. Seek both/ and solutions – as you seek a resolution, remember that you are two different people, and the resolution needs to reveal not an either/ or but a both/ and quality. Resolutions aren't about winning, they're about a process of respect and intimacy, growth and emergence.

. It is emphasized that too many couples have a survival mentality which is characterized by an attitude of self-interest, self-protection, and self-expression. So the challenge to couples who want to make their marriages succeed is to set aside that survival mentality and develop a couple mentality. Think about what is best for the couple -- not the individual. You can be a winner in your marriage.
    If your motives are wanting to understand people and accept them for who they are, then communication will be easier. But if you set out to convince them that your way is the right way, then that's not communication. And that's not love. (For more insights on communication

1. Never both be angry at the same time.
    2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
    3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
    4. If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
    5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
    6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
    7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
    8. At least once every day say a kind or complimentary work to your life partner.
    9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
    10. Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.
    "To keep love brimming in the loving cup, when you're wrong admit it and when you're right shut up!"
    I think this much is enough. I would have given ma ideas but I cant say anything about relationships until I go through all this in practical so I brought the tips of marriage counselor. Actually I am not good at handling relationships but I give ma best to it so that it has no possibility of breaking.

Have you ever succumbed to anyone or anything?

My dream(s).

How do you see life today? Do you want kids, considering that the planet we live in today is a miserable place?

Life itself is beautiful and is like water the way you shape is the way you get it and if you don’t get the way you shape it then improve it. Seeing the world as a miserable place is not a good reason for not having kids. I love kids, I want them. Let me put it this way; No kids, no life. Kids are my source of happiness in one way or another.

What does the future hold for RAHEN?

Well RAHEN/Fatima lives in today and is happy with it. For the sake of making a prediction its: marriage, wife, daughter in law …....

How do you see DesiTwist today? Is it any different from the time you joined?

Yes it has improved, have some new subforum & good new posters.

Any message for the new comers?

If you have come to this topic here then don’t go without being a part of DT. Enjoy posting. Don’t forget that we are always here to serve you, should you have a problem. You can also post a topic in the Town hall section at the bottom to get answers for your queries. You are always welcome here. Desitwist Forum’s door are always open for you.
    Get off my back

Awesome :applaud;

Great Interview Fatima :hug1:

ps. Nice work Hina, keep it up :hug1:
    Bhulana Sakoo Gay Mujhe Bhool Kar Tum
    Mein Aksar Tumhein Yaad Ati Rahongi
    Kabhi Khuwab Ban Kar Kabhi Yaad Ban Kar
    Mein Neendein Tumhari Churati Rahongi

Awesome

:applaud; wow :applaud;

Great Interview Mehak :giveflower;

Nice work Hina, keep it up :up;