Thread: "call me JOHN KHAN " by john abraham

‘Call me John Khan!’

Showbiz desk

John Abraham’s new terrace flat, overlooking the sea at Bandstand is just in the middle of Salman and Shahrukh Khan’s house. “I can be called John Khan now,” he smiles. With minimalist décor, John says his bachelor pad is a reflection of his mind. “Just like my house, my mind is uncluttered and that’s what is helping me stay focussed. There is a saying that the world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going. And I know I am in the right lane, but with all my middle class values,” he says.

As of now, John’s headed to Toronto for the film festival where his next film Kabul Express will be screened. He is the first Bollywood actor whose films have gone there for two consecutive years, the earlier one being Water. “We tend to link Afghanistan with Taliban. But the Afghanis are anti-Taliban. They love everything about India,” says the actor, who says he couldn’t get a glimpse of the Afghani beauties as they cover their faces with hijab.

Though his professional life seems to be heading in the right direction, his personal life has always been under the scanner. Be it his fall out with Salman Khan during a world tour, or his reported link ups with Mallika Sherawat, Vidya Balan and the subsequent estrangement from girlfriend Bipasha Basu. “There is an artificial scarcity around brand ‘John Abraham’. I love that. I enjoy that space,” he winks and adds, “Now that Salman and I have come together again for a show, trust me, I will be written about in the same vein — like my supposed link-ups and tantrums. I don’t think of myself bigger than the other stars. I really respect Salman Khan. I still do not know what the problem was, that is if there was any. And I don’t know why even my promoters did not support me when people made false allegations against me.” As for his linkups, he says, “I met everyone, including Mallika on the show. Why she has been specially picked up, I have no idea. And as far as Vidya’s concerned, there’s no hiding the fact that they got along very well.” What about his split up with Bipasha? Rumours has it that they’re together only because of the endorsements and contracts they have signed together. “Because the initial excitement in our relationship has settled down, and we’ re at peace with ourselves, people are assuming that we’ve drifted apart. We are very much together,” John concluded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC],