Thread: SMiShing

We've had phishing and pharming, but the latest hacker tool is SMiShing.

Instead of attacking your PC, hackers target mobile devices like phones or PDAs.

So far there have been two significant attacks, one in the United States and one in Spain, but mobile phone users in other countries have also been affected. Gareth Mitchell finds out more about this scam and how we can protect ourselves and our hardware against it.

Fuel cell power

More and more fuel cell powered technology is entering the market, but is it really practical to power computers and radios with methanol or hydrogen?

Gareth Mitchell speaks to Jack Peterson, from Jadoo Power in California. His company has designed a range of fuel cell systems that emergency services can use when conventional batteries simply aren't practical.

Artificial intelligence

Rollo Carpenter won this year's Loebner Prize

Jon Stewart reports on this year's Loebner Prize: the annual artificial intelligence competition for the most human-like, "thinking" computer.

As Jon finds out, the competitors still cannot pass the test set by Alan Turing in 1950. A machine has passed the Turing test if it is deemed, during a conversation, indistinguishable from a human - but even this year's winner is still a far way from meeting this benchmark of artificial intelligence.

src:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4849402.stm

nice info :up;

Thanks 4 sharing

MOst Welcome..

Offtopic:Thanks For the Blog comment

Yunus am I missing something here? there are no details on the kind of attacks nor the protection methods.
    Dream, I do.

Yes this is a new form..Itll need time to be detected and firewalled bro.Gimme some time..I am going thru stuffs

Surely will as soon as i get more info.Nothing as of now.