Thread: Make Your Own Windows Shut Down Timer

AoA! Hi!

Since I receive such an overwhelming response (Am I being sarcastic here?) to my previous topic (re:Speeding Up Mozilla Firefox). I wish to share another Gem (it's just a trick, so don't get tricked by it).

Make Your own Windows Shut Down Timer

Here it goes :

Step 1.
    Right Click on your desktop and Select "New -> Shortcut".

Step 2.
    In the box that says "Type the location of the item",
    type in "shutdown -s -t 120" without the quotation marks and click next.

Note : Exclamation 120 are the amount of seconds before your computer shuts down. i.e.= 2 Min. & ofcourse you can change that time according to your preferences but Always Convert it into Seconds. If u want ur PC to Shutdown after 1 Hour i.e. 60 Mins. Simply multiply it with Seconds (60mins*60Secs=3600secs) So, Now you'll have 2 put 3600 instead of 120 in the above code.

Step 3.
    Make up a name for the shortcut and you're done.
    You can change the icon by right clicking->properities->change icon-> browse.

Now when you'll Click that Shortcut your Shutdown Timer Will start Automatically Wink.

More Info:
    To abort the shutdown timer just create another shortcut and make the "location of the item" to "shutdown -a" without the quotes.

Enjoy!

God Bless 'Twisters'!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

Thank you so much nutter bro. I'm currently using jetAudio's timer to shut down my pc but for those who don't have it; this above little trick can get the job done in seconds.
    Dream, I do.

Very nice of you nuttbolt,keep ticking with all the marvellous posts.I have been using this for quite some time.

But then.Thanks again i had amissed a part before.

Keep Well

God bless DT "

nice tip- really great - it will help me

Thanks 4 sharing

i m afraid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC],

Well! Well! Well! This is what I call response! (Almost all the BIG names of DT have replied here) And this time I'm truly overwhelmed!

Thank You Endurer, Mytonse! You guys are most welcome! (I always like it when you call me Nuttbolt@ Mytonse).

Indeed Rahen it'll help you. (You don't call me Nutty anymore Rahen *sigh* why? ).

Usama nice to see you too replied here although I 've no idea why you said 'Am Afraid'? Afraid as in 'Do you think it won't work'? or ' Are you afraid to use it'? Kindly explain.

God Bless Twisters!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

ji sorry
    mujhe aap ki post achi lagi hai nutty
    keep doing good work

thanks for sharing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Pleasure..Bluehacks!