Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every Girl Should Read This Book!!!!!!

Title: Memoirs of a Geisha

Author: Arthur Golden

Summary:Memoirs of a Geisha is full of surprises, especially to Western readers unfamiliar with the mysterious Japanese geisha. Perhaps the biggest surprise, however, is the novel’s author, an American man from Tennessee. Arthur Golden’s fascination with Asian culture was sparked years before he began writing Memoirs of a Geisha, as he holds degrees in Japanese history and art history with a specialization in Japanese art. It was while learning and working abroad that he met Mineko Iwasaki, a retired geisha who agreed to numerous interviews with Golden in preparation for his novel. Iwasaki provided critical “inside” information that gives the novel both integrity and intrigue.

The rags-to-riches story of Sayuri, the novel’s heroine, is a first-person account, as if she is relating her life story to an American professor. The novel addresses themes such as freedom, beauty, metamorphosis, and gender relationships.

most of the people that ive recommended this book to hated reading, but they loved this book. trust me on this one!!!

is it like the movie...cuz if it is...then i would rather watch the flick...lol

sounds good.. what do you guys prefer? the book or movie?

thanks, but you are missing the point, why every girl should read this book, may be i missed the obvious, so why, again?
    *The Web of the Pattern*

I should go get it.The movie trailer was amazing though.

I love reading ! I have already read this one..it;s good