Does love fades away?

Discussion in 'Love & Relationships' started by Tulip, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Tulip

Tulip Exorbitant Staff Member

Does love actually fades away after sometime? And if it does, what do you think are the reasons behind it?
  2. friendlygal786

friendlygal786 Well-Known Member

If u mean tru love then no...it never fades, but if it does fade then it was never love, it was something else
  3. gujugrl24

gujugrl24 New Member

I feel like in some instances, it may possible for a person to feel like love is fading away...but i feel like if two people are committed, maintain good conversation frequently and just do everything to be with each other then the love really won't fade away...but i feel like if its not true love or motives were different to begin with...then its definetley going to happen that one or both people will be very unhappy and the love will go away...
  4. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

i do agree with guru with the first half...that it is our assumption that love is fading..and we should work to be with eachother almost everyday...actually sometimes stress tops in our head so badly that we dont look for love in the air...but actually try hard to overcome it..in those times many of us actually feel love fades..but actually it doesnot..i think love of any kind never fades...its unmet expectations that fades... yes love changes to hatred
    with a tip of betrayal...
  5. Tulip

Well if you fine people say it doesn't than i'll agree with you on it :)
    Friendly...you are right if it does than perhaps it was never true love.

Do you all agree that we have to work on our relationship constantly if we want to keep it healthy?
  6. friendlygal786

I think if two people r truly in love wit each other, ther is no such thing as "working on it", wat we do hav to work on is just being a good person individually, caring for our partner and just being happy in the relationship. Thats wat I personally think, wen u love somone u naturally care for them, sacrifice for them, and try to keep them as happy as possible
  7. Tulip

right but most of the people think you should constantly work on your relationship and try new things that add variety and spice. Though it's kinda hard for me to do...that's why i asked from you all... now let's see what rahen adds to it ;)
  8. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

ya i think working on any kind of relationship is healthy...and when it comes to husband and wife relationship ..then yes truly it is...A wife/husband loves him/her, is nice to him, gives him time, cares for him, respects him and etc...but is this called working on relationship? ..nop...working on a relationship is a strong action which takes not more than 1/2 hr or 1/2 min...but remembered almost throughout the life...where one shows affection to his partner..by a word of admiration almost everyday, showing the initiative in concern, makes the partner feeling protected and cared..give time to eachother to share happiness and tears, hardships and dreams...sometimes a card out of no reason sent or a phone call...getting creative and naughty ...etc is called working on a relationship for me...
  9. friendlygal786

thats tru...showing affection and doin little evryday things to show our love is always a good thing and will make the partner happy, but alot of times people simply forget to do these things just because the bz lives we lead. The important thing is to take care not to hurt our partners feelings in any way or treat them badly
  10. Tulip

you are absolutely right friendly...partners should respect each other's feelings and about that busy schedule or life...everyone's busy today but you have to take time out for your loved ones and for me it's not about quantity but the quality time you spent together counts...

Rahen, these are simple things and i guess anyone in love do that for his/her lover. I was talking about the tricks or techniques that keep your relationship blossoming, that's where i find it a little hard...:s may be it's just me.
  11. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

yah right yassi...i would like to include..cherishing them is also an important part...

tulip..love doesnot revolve just around two people...after marriage...with bzy schedules and responsibilities...love seems to fade with giving no time to partner...and then working on relationship only needs simple acts as mentioned...the technique for me is...to tell him jokes and make him feel a valuable member of my life by using positive motivational techniques that builds a positive environment.
  12. Tulip

Yes, you are right rahen..
  13. friendlygal786

yEA Rahen sis is right--after marriage we have to work on our marriage cuz we r not only living with one person, we r living with his family and we hav to make sure we get along/respect evryone. Alot of times a couple's relationships suffers because of the other members in the home
  14. Endurer

Endurer Senior Moderator

yes it does long before you know it's happening. IMO it would be best to look elsewhere.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  15. Tulip

aahan..looking elsewhere is easy if you keep your options open. Thanks for replying Endurer =)