My Trip to Murree

Discussion in 'Teen Talks' started by coolshoaib, Jul 28, 2009.

1. coolshoaib

coolshoaib New Member

As I already mentioned in an another thread of “summer plans” that I and my friends were thinking of going to Murree (A Hill station like Shimla in India) on Bicycles.
    The day fixed for this expedition of ours was Sunday 26-07-2009. But as this date became closer and closer many of my friends chickened out with many excuses. On the final date only I and my Friend “Farhan” was only left and we were determined to go and take this challenge.
    On Saturday evening we started the prepration of our trip. We took a tool kit, a tyre puncture kit (in case we had a punctured tyre we would be able to fix the tyre) and some cold drinks, plenty of water and small eatables.

Your post count must be 1 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s)

We started our trip from my friend’s house at 7:15 AM. The weather was sunny and the temprature was very hot, almost 40° C (104 F). We had many rest stops on the way because of the hot weather and steep mountainous road.

Your post count must be 1 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s)
    got hungry on the way. found this little chappar hotel (Dhaba).

On half way to Murree we decided to take a shortcut to another road. That happened to be a very bad decision because after cycling a kilometer on the shortcut the road suddenly vanished underneath our bicycles and a very uneven, bumpy and unpaved road started, which was very difficult for cycling.

When the shortcut finished on the other road we were hit by another blow. We took shortcut to get closer to our destination but we were shocked to see the signboard on the road. Which by our calculation stated that we were further 7 kilometers back. That was a very huge blow for us. After 9 hours of cycling (including small rest stops) till 4:00 PM in the afternoon we were still 35 Kilometers away from the finish line. Our whole bodies started aching with unbearable pain. Our brains were still determined to go but our bodies were very exhausted and gave up. The mission started to seem impossible. The expedition ended in a disappointment. We cycled 88 kilometers (50 kilometers uphill towards Murree and 38 kilometers down hill back to our city)

Reasons for our failure.

1. Chose a very hot day of an extreme hot month of summer. Should have undertaken this mission in November.
    2. Didn't have enough stamina for cycling on steep roads of mountains.

Conclusion:

In the end it was once in a life time experience, which left some very good memories and if Allah gave me enough life will tell the story to my children InshaAllah.

Toll Plaza

2. farhanhaq420

farhanhaq420 New Member

seems like you had fun
  3. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

waoooo...will read it when i come back...sooon.:D
  4. dsjeya

dsjeya New Member

a good try friend
  5. HOP3_L3SS

HOP3_L3SS New Member

uuggghhh i remember those roadz =(
  6. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

usually we cant reach top with one step...it takes steps to actually finish wish what we are determined at..half of the distance waz covered i assume...this has made you ready for your another trip to muree...
  7. coolshoaib

coolshoaib New Member

Thankyou

Very True. And that determination keeps us going.
  8. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

raaste tau mere khayal se ziada tar muree mein kharab rehte hain.?
  9. coolshoaib

coolshoaib New Member

summer main to roads thek rehtee hain. but in winter heavy snow ki waja se roads block ho jate hain.
  10. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

if someone plans a trip for muree in summer...what is important to take with them except belongings and cash.
  11. coolshoaib

coolshoaib New Member

I think besides cash, an umbrella will be important to take with. Because it can rain in Murree at any time. It will be a sunny day and in a matter of minutes the clouds will surround you and start raining. That happened with us many times.
  12. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

hmm..anything else...
  13. coolshoaib

coolshoaib New Member

nothing. just don't forget to take friends or family with you. :D

Share DesiTwist