Possessive attitude

Discussion in 'Love & Relationships' started by RAHEN, Jun 6, 2007.

1. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

what is ur take on the fact when u find ur gf/bf getting possessive abt u...calls u mostly every time in a day...and u get fedup of it...when u talk abt it ...it brings emotional situation/ violent actions...u dont want to break the relation but her/his possesive acts make u want to change way...how will u make ur partner realize that u want some space or ...calling/miss call brings annoyance...
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. sikandar107

sikandar107 Active Member

Nothing. :) Its a difficult situation. You know shaq hi dawa to hakim Lukmaan ke paas bhi nahin thi. Possessivness is a way of demonstrating love but at the same time, it respresents sense of insecurity. So, one has to work on removing this sense of insecurity from his/her partner. Just show patience and make him/her feel that you love to receive his/her calls/missed calls but on the other side of the phone set you may not be at a comfortable situation to receive his/her calls. One must try to develop in his/her partner's mind that he/she trusts on him/her and she would be happy her feelings are reciprocated. :)
  3. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

yeah this can be done...a better understanding approach is taken...
    he/she can also fix their time and talk in that hrs...instead of 30 episodes a day...this can bring the level of insecurity to some extent down...
  4. Miss_Sweet

Miss_Sweet New Member

hmmm...main use saaf saaf kahoongi...ke mujhe yeh possessivness pasand nai...

HE is possessive but not DAT much ke mujhe fone hi karta rahe...actually he does'nt call me:p I call him ...sometimes:D
  5. dsjeya

dsjeya New Member

love makes the other person happy
    possessiveness make the life of the other person miserable
    nice thread rahen
  6. _jadoogar_

_jadoogar_ New Member

I'll let him know straightforwardly that I can't take this amount of possessiveness...if that leads to a conflict I'll still stand by my opinion and clear the matter instead of making my own life miserable by keeping it in my heart..
  7. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

ma sis- its great that u call him...if he starts doing then...

no doubt on that dsjeya...thankyou...:)

jadoogar...that means u will change ur ways...
  8. AaDi

AaDi New Member

i'm really possessive n to be honest i'll love to get dat type of possessiveness from her .. :biggrin: even if she talks to some other guy .. i'll burn in flames :rolling; .. so u can see .. da stuff u mentioned .. miscallin etc .. datz noffin :D
  9. dsjeya

dsjeya New Member

thank u rahen
  10. *Saira*

*Saira* New Member

possessiveness to a certain limit is ok but when u try to possess ur partner as if he/she is a THING that's when problems arise.One should treat other person like an individual and should give enough space for the betterment of their relationship.
  11. Glamorous-Ladee

Glamorous-Ladee New Member

i would just b straight up about it ... say it nicely put it into words tht he'll understand.. buh basically i would jus get 2 the point cuz avoidin the situation mite make it worse..
  12. sikandar107

You are true G.L. Its better to make your partner secured and compatibility is the essence to remove the sense of insecurity. And one thing GL, if I say that I am not possessive about my love then I am dishonest to myself. So possessiveness is always there and it pinches to everyone. However, the style and way of demonstrating that possessiveness varies from person to person :)
  13. friendlygal786

friendlygal786 Well-Known Member

Actually, Im pretty possessive and to tell u the truth, I dont kno wat everyone always complains about...possessiveness isnt a bad thing, it shows that a person needs u more than anyone ever will, they want to b with u as much as possibe, b in ur presence as much as possible...I would like it, cuz Im very emotional and possessive person myself. BUT there is a limit, if it turns into violence or somthing that is totally crazy, thats another story
  14. sikandar107

Yes friendlygal I agree. Look every person is unique and they show their emotions in their own way. But then overlimit is always painful of anything.
  15. friendlygal786

friendlygal786 Well-Known Member

Yes, overlimit in anything is not good. But a healthy possessiveness, in my opinion, is not bad at all