Thread: Progressive Pakistan

Now I'd like to clear one more thing. I'm currently working with some of the most influential people of the business world not only in Pakistan, but abroad as well. And I talked to them about this whole issue a few days ago, and about the government as well. What I found out from them is that regardless of how much Musharraf and his cronies are filling their pockets with, they are still working for Pakistan, and they are actually initiating projects that if continued, will surely develop Pakistan. Mind you, these projects take a lot of time, things don't just get greener in a day or even in 10 years. It takes several decades to improve the situation Pakistan is in right now. These guys have initiated that change. Normally, we focus on short term results, but realistically speaking, short term results don't really get you any profit. Its like a business.. If you start a business and expect that you'll get major returns from the very next day, you're nuts. It takes years for a business to truly mature. Only after that, does it actually benefit us.
    I'm in Karachi, so I'll just give examples about Karachi here. The thing is, in the last 5 years I've been here, I've seen a lot of improvement. The last time I came here for a vacation, before moving to Karachi, was back in 1999, and when I look at Karachi right now, I literally see a completely different city. I know all roads aren't that good. Infact most roads are in lousy condition, but they are still a lot better than how they used to be 10 years ago. This government has done a lot more FOR Pakistan than any preceding government. Look at where the Karachi Stock Exchange is, and look at how many major international players are investing here. Even today, while I was sitting with my boss, she got a call from a very famous US IT Organization's administration, and my company is working on a few projects with them. I'm not naming this company as I shouldn't even know about this but being in the position I am in, my boss does let me in on quite a few things that she's working on.
    What I can tell you is that just in the IT sector, we will have atleast 7 major players, including the top 4 players of IT worldwide, investing in Pakistan, within a few years. And a lot will have improved by 2010. This info isn't mere speculation. I saw a report yesterday, which was compiled by the major players in Pakistan's business world, based on their own dealings with those companies, as well as foreign and the Pakistani Government.
    Just hold on tight, and wait for something to happen.

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latest Blog Entry:
    Twists & Turns...

I Guess Karachi k business circles mein he Pakistan ko Pakistan(Pvt) Ltd. kaha jatha hai so business k tarah tu chalaya ja raha hai essko no doubt

""ow much Musharraf and his cronies are filling their pockets with, they are still working for Pakistan, and they are actually initiating projects that if continued, will surely develop Pakistan. Mind you, these projects take a lot of time, things don't just get greener in a day or even in 10 years. It takes several decades to improve the situation Pakistan is in right now. These guys have initiated that change. Normally, we focus on short term results, but realistically speaking, short term results don't really get you any profit. Its like a business."""

Projects k naam keya hain? aur ye pakistan ko Tiger banane walay projects itni secretly kion initiate keya ja rahay hain?

Aur in influential logon say ye be pata ker lo ka pakistan mein last 7 year mein kitne qarzay maaf hoye hain? Musharraf and co ye projects mein kitna laithay hain? (agar waqee itne inn ho tu per pata be hoga ka steel mills, stock exchange scandal, aur recent bank scandals mein kon kon involve tha) ...Corruption, aur instability mein pakistan kahan pahoonch gaya hai? Baray projects k leye jo infrastructure chahye hotha hai wo kahan hai? Kam az kam next 5 years tak tu pakistan kissi small project tak k leye power provide nahi ker saktha tu project kahan say start hoga?

aur waise be ye ek closed topic hai
    hey [username:48beee4c6e], i know whats on your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Majid, post: 302546
    I Guess Karachi k business circles mein he Pakistan ko Pakistan(Pvt) Ltd. kaha jatha hai so business k tarah tu chalaya ja raha hai essko no doubt

""ow much Musharraf and his cronies are filling their pockets with, they are still working for Pakistan, and they are actually initiating projects that if continued, will surely develop Pakistan. Mind you, these projects take a lot of time, things don't just get greener in a day or even in 10 years. It takes several decades to improve the situation Pakistan is in right now. These guys have initiated that change. Normally, we focus on short term results, but realistically speaking, short term results don't really get you any profit. Its like a business."""

Projects k naam keya hain? aur ye pakistan ko Tiger banane walay projects itni secretly kion initiate keya ja rahay hain?

Aur in influential logon say ye be pata ker lo ka pakistan mein last 7 year mein kitne qarzay maaf hoye hain? Musharraf and co ye projects mein kitna laithay hain? (agar waqee itne inn ho tu per pata be hoga ka steel mills, stock exchange scandal, aur recent bank scandals mein kon kon involve tha) ...Corruption, aur instability mein pakistan kahan pahoonch gaya hai? Baray projects k leye jo infrastructure chahye hotha hai wo kahan hai? Kam az kam next 5 years tak tu pakistan kissi small project tak k leye power provide nahi ker saktha tu project kahan say start hoga?

aur waise be ye ek closed topic hai
    well first n foremost.. projects ki list mere paas nahin hai.. i can get those out.. but woh publicly announce nahin kiye gaye.. so there must be some reason why you dont know about them
    secondly, the company i'm working with, is directly dealing with apple and google, and we are negotiating terms of a contract.. partly for providing hr.. and partly as their pr partner here..
    and about corruption.. its everywhere.. and its no secret.. but even after that corruption, we are still seeing progress here.. gradually.. power ki baat.. the reason behind these power "shortages" is that firstly kesc sucks, secondly, the main reason behind this power deficit is that they are trying to pressurize the people so they can build those 2 dams here.. i dont remember their names..
    the major problem pakistan faces is ineffective execution of projects, and lack of co-ordination between the various departments..
    oh and just fyi.. microsoft's office here just has 4 or 5 people who are actually microsoft employees, everything else here, their marketing, programming is all outsourced to other companies..
    oh and about the steel mill and other stuff, yea.. that is quite controversial.. do you know what the price of steel is here? and secondly, those insider trading and , the major players behind them were individuals, i dont remember his name coz i didnt really track that news.. and what stock exchange scandal are you talking about?

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latest Blog Entry:
    Twists & Turns...

Whisper.. I am with you on saying that Pakistan is in the path of progress. There has never been derth of talent and intellectual properties in Pakistan. But the need was to nurture them to the benefits of the nation. I don't know much about the Pakistan politics nor have I taken any close look at it. But through the interaction that I have had with some of the people in Pakistan, I cud understand that there is a radical change in the mind set of People of Pakistan. They have understood the urgncy of change and change for the better. To bring change, it takes hell lot of a time, and it is not derived in one or two months and overnite too. It takes years and generations. Its gud that the youngsters are prepared to hold baton of growth to reach the crest of success. As an true Indian and wellwisher of all my Pakistani friends and people, I wud love to see a developed and economically strong Pakistan. Best of Luck !!:thumbs:
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

wow very nice thread!
    i guess this was the only thread i wanted to see here!
    but how i dint know
    but now i got the point!
    thanks
    for such a good thread!
    wOrK SmaRt NoT HaRd......

Hmm
    Thanks Sikandar, inshaAllah.. As long as we have citizens like you in both countries, we will eventually find peace and stability in the region :giveflower;

And Thanks GC. Actually this was posted in the Lal Masjid thread and it went off topic, so the moderator split it into another thread
    Thanks for liking it. And You're always welcome :givefl;

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latest Blog Entry:
    Twists & Turns...

Awwwwwwww...Its not only me Whisper, there are also the persons in you, Endurer, Glimmer, Saira, volvo et al who will eventually bring in peace and development coupled with stability in the region. Trust me Whisper as far as India is concerned, I can ensure that majority of people are like me. And I am pretty sure that the same is the case with Pakistan too. Its so heartening that our generations have started thinking differently and InshAllah, a day will come when this scenario of hatred will slowly be replaced with love and affection. I am an very assertive, postive and optimist person. I have a dream of people living in peace one day leaving behind the scar of yesteyears and I am sure that day will come one day - no matter if I will be there to see it, but the next generation will ultimately definitely.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

kashif thanks for such a great post. You've provided us with great info here. I didnt know much about pakistan befo i went there las year. I've spend a whole year there and from the moment i stepped out of the airport i thought to myself wut the heck did i get into. No offence or anything but that is just what i thought. I agree Pakistan is progressing pretty well. Now i try to keep myself up to date as much as i can on Pakistan. with the whole lal masjid thing i got a little upset on what is going to happen to pakistan and us muslims, there still a 2 sided story to the whole thing and im not sure which side i should be on, anyhow thats is different. I just want nothing but the best for Pakistan, and insha-Allah Our Allah will protect Pakistan, because no matter whr in the world we are and where we are born or raised. Pakistan is our home!

Having recently visited Karachi, I agree that progress is happening but at a very slow pace to such an extent that when one end of the road is completed the other end has pot holes and needs repairing.

If corruption could be reduced and the young Pakistanis change their outlook on time, speed, quality, and throw less litter on the roads and learn to use dust bins like in most countries , then i believe that Pakistan can become the best place to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by sikandar107, post: 303112
    Awwwwwwww...Its not only me Whisper, there are also the persons in you, Endurer, Glimmer, Saira, volvo et al who will eventually bring in peace and development coupled with stability in the region. Trust me Whisper as far as India is concerned, I can ensure that majority of people are like me. And I am pretty sure that the same is the case with Pakistan too. Its so heartening that our generations have started thinking differently and InshAllah, a day will come when this scenario of hatred will slowly be replaced with love and affection. I am an very assertive, postive and optimist person. I have a dream of people living in peace one day leaving behind the scar of yesteyears and I am sure that day will come one day - no matter if I will be there to see it, but the next generation will ultimately definitely.
    InshaAllah

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous-Ladee, post: 303381
    kashif thanks for such a great post. You've provided us with great info here. I didnt know much about pakistan befo i went there las year. I've spend a whole year there and from the moment i stepped out of the airport i thought to myself wut the heck did i get into. No offence or anything but that is just what i thought. I agree Pakistan is progressing pretty well. Now i try to keep myself up to date as much as i can on Pakistan. with the whole lal masjid thing i got a little upset on what is going to happen to pakistan and us muslims, there still a 2 sided story to the whole thing and im not sure which side i should be on, anyhow thats is different. I just want nothing but the best for Pakistan, and insha-Allah Our Allah will protect Pakistan, because no matter whr in the world we are and where we are born or raised. Pakistan is our home!
    InshaAllah And hell yeah.. Pakistan is our home, and we will build it, together
    And you're always welcome :givefl;

Quote Originally Posted by nizam, post: 305447
    Having recently visited Karachi, I agree that progress is happening but at a very slow pace to such an extent that when one end of the road is completed the other end has pot holes and needs repairing.

If corruption could be reduced and the young Pakistanis change their outlook on time, speed, quality, and throw less litter on the roads and learn to use dust bins like in most countries , then i believe that Pakistan can become the best place to live in.
    Exactly, that's the major problem we face in Karachi, a disinterest of the general public to go beyond mere words, a shit load of corruption, and a lot of potholes.. Rather, roadless roads

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latest Blog Entry:
    Twists & Turns...