Deosai Plains is a high altitude plateau over 4000m high. A bunch of us hired this jeep for the day to wander around it. I got off the jeep at this "bridge" crossing to take this picture. The others got off because they were scared. Near Skardu, Pakistan

Its always the case that the poorest people in the countryside are the most friendly. Passu Glacier

Don't Mess With Me ! Americans who carry puny handguns are nothing compared to the tribal people of Pakistan who all pack machine guns. I borrowed this Russian AK-47 for my hike. Kaghan Valley in the Karakorams, Pakistan

Shepherds and farmers are stock-piling hay to feed their animals for the upcoming winter. Tarashing, Pakistan

Not many foreigners visit the mountains of Northern Pakistan. I was quite a novelty there. Karimabad, Pakistan

"Grass-haulers", a common sight in the hills. Human labour and time has almost zero value in these parts. Tarashing, Pakistan

Sandy & Andrew (UK), Brent (Yank) and myself on a day hike high above the Hunza Valley. Behind us is Rakaposhi (7784m), the most massive and awesome mountain I have ever seen. Karimabad, Pakistan

The spectacular south face of Lady Finger (6800m). Karimabad, Pakistan.