Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: About Depression

Well what i have learned from my elders is that the FIRST thing it takes to get out of depression is to REALISE that it is there and one wants to get rid of it, I believe the moment one 'realises' one's state of mind wahan aadha problem solve ho jata hay

Baqi ka adha vanish hota hay jub hum POSITIVE rukhna chahtay hain khud ko aur positively dekhtay hain ALLAH ki banayee hui duniya ko! But one thing that OFTEN strikes me is.............. isnt it that the word 'depression' is most of the time being CONFUSED by 'na shukeri' or 'kufran-e-naimat' ? Coz if ppl spend enough time in thanking ALLAH for what HE has given them, they wouldnt find plenty of hours to cry over what is wrong in their lives, and hence wouldnt be depressed too! Muslims are the ONLY humans on this face of earth jin ko ALLAH nay Islam may honay say hee Imaan kay honay say he aisee mozee merz jis ko depression kaha jatta hay iss say mehfooz rukha hay. Afsos to iss baat ka hay keh hum perh likh ker bhi bajayeh REALISE kernay kay ANALYSE kernay kay mazeed zood runj ho jatay hain. Aur agar at a level of such a high education and with such a groomed personality bhi insaan iss aik choti see cheez kay zer-e-asar aa jayeh to phir to 3/4 th Pakistanion ko jeenay ka huq hee nahi (asteghfirALLAH) kion keh un ki personality itnee strong kee hee nahi gayee keh wo becharay apnay REAL dukhon ko sufferings ko berdasht ker payen (REAL word iss lyeh use kia main nay keh most of the time hum jin baton ko lay ker kay depress hotay hain wo 'unreal' hotti hain! khud sakhta aur taari ki huin, aisee bohot see misalain society may miltee hain humain).

'Depression ho gaya hay' ye chaar lufzi chota sa jumla itself aik bohot bari ghalti hotti hay aur insaani zehen kay liye nihayat takleef deh amal kay shuru honay ki daleel bhi, lihaza isko in first place accept kerna hee nahi chahiyeh! kion ke agar aaj hum iss itnee se baat say ghabra jayen aur hathyaar daal dain to afreen hay hum per keh aik zamana tha jub 13 saal ki umer may karobar-e-saltanat sambhal liye jatay thay aur aaj hum say humara..........sirf humara apna aik iklota dimagh nahi sambhala jata !....!!!

We should also not think deep into things which may cause us confusion in the mind or the discovery of which will lead us to depression which does not mean that one should live a superficial life, Allah has ordered us to see and think about His creations but only to think about the Magnificence of the Creator and how everything will eventually die and go back to Allah.

But even i need some time to let my mind realise and let realities come over the feelings of my heart
    http://www.desitwist.com/signaturepics/sigpic8918_2.gif
    On the new avenue of life, searching out new horizons..

is duniya mein wohi jeeta hai jisne apne dil ko dimagh se control kar diya ho.
    may be hira u never realized wat is depression and never knew it (Allah kare aap ko kabhi depression ho bhi na).
    Allah tala ne yeh duniya banai shukar Al hamdAllah- Allah ne humme muslim banne ki taufeeq di shukar Al hamdAllah- Allah ne humme kisi ki zindagi ka hissa banaya - shukar Al hamdAllah - Allah ne Yeh puri duniya hummare hawale kar di ke ab hum isse chalaye-us ke bataye hoe raston par chal kar. shukar Al hamdAllah
    now the world of options enter whether to go to right path or wrong path.
    depression is a state of mind not the state of heart jisse hum jab chahe apne control mein kar lein. depression ki dawa nahi hai siwai drugs ke (if i am not wrong) aur islam ke hisab se namaz parhna aur rab- ul - kainaat ki hamd hi depression ko control karta hai.lekin usse khatam nahi karta issi liye Allah tala ne alfaz "patience" ko itni ehmiat di hai.

point:I believe the moment one 'realises' one's state of mind wahan aadha problem solve ho jata hay.
    Reply: dear depression mein koi rehna nahi chahta usse banaya jaata hai - koi bhi apni zindagi mein dukh nahi chahta lekin dukh aajata hai. jab log humme ignore karein, call bad names, jab hum help karne ki koshish karen to aage se bomblast ho jaye- chalo elders to door ki baat hai bachon ko bhi ho jata hai depression. hum chahe jitna bhi realize karen important is surrounding- farq ird gird ke logon se parta hai kyunki depression logon ki hi wajah se hota hai.

P: Baqi ka adha vanish hota hay jub hum POSITIVE rukhna chahtay hain khud ko aur positively dekhtay hain ALLAH ki banayee hui duniya ko.
    R: pehle koi yeh to sikhae ke positive rehna kisse kehte hai phir hi insaan positive dekhe ga.
    its by nature jo hum dekhte hain woh hum believe karte hain aur.
    Allah ki banai hui duniya khoobsurat hai - mashAllah lekin depression ziada tar feelings se taaluq rakhta hai. wat we feel-emotions. aap khush ho lekin ankhon se aanson achanak behte ho- u will not believe depression mein aap bahut kum cheezon ki umeed karte ho lekin agar un mein se aik ke liye agar mazak se bhi inkaar kiya jaye to forun aankhon se aansoon behte hain. although ur best frnd is Allah the Almighty lekin dil kabhi hope aur umeed se khali nahi rehta never. kabhi unka dil nahi karta kya ke unka bhi koi dost ho jisse woh apne dil ki baat share karen, chit chat karen, ghoomen phiren normal logon ki tarha.seeekhein aur seekhain achi achi baatein. unka karta hai lekin koi saath nahi deta mostly. Allah hai sath shukar al hamdAllah lekin mein us sath ki bath kar rahi hoon jo aap ka hath pakar kar aap ko yeh feel karaye ke there is someone for u jo tumhari puri baat sune gi quietly.

aap ne yeh acha likha hai ke jab hum kisi problem ko realise karte hai to adhi problem finish ho jati hai - true - but sis dis is not true for depression- dis is true when u r working for something not for feeings.

i c..Good work on

This year we learned much abt depression at college. So I thaught I cud write some important points of depression here..

What Is Depression?

Depression has been called "The Common Cold of Mental Health." We all know that everybody feels "down," "blue," "bummed," hopeless, or pessimistic from time to time. That's normal.
    Many people wonder "When does 'feeling down' cross the line into depression?" That's a tough question, because it's not always an "Either-Or" kind of thing.

Three Dimensions of Depression

Frequency:How often do you feel down or depressed? Every day? Three times a week? Once a month? All the time?

Severity:How bad is it? Do you feel suicidal? Totally hopeless and stuck in a dark hole? Or just kind of lousy and negative?

Duration:How long does it last? Until you see your partner? Until you go home for the weekend? Just a couple of hours? Does it drag on for days, weeks, or even months? Have you felt somewhat depressed your whole life?

__________________________________________________ ______________

What Causes Depression?

Some of you may feel like you know exactly why you're depressed.

* Your partner just broke up with you..
    * A loved one or a pet died..
    * You lost your job..
    * You didn't get accepted into that professional school ...

Other times, however, the reasons for our depression are not quite as clear, that is, there may not be just one "cause," but a variety of contributing factors that accumulate over time and lead us to that feeling of being defeated, demoralized, hopeless, helpless, depressed. And sometimes, with factors like low self-esteem or anxiety, it may be almost impossible to say which causes which.

Do low self-esteem and anxiety cause depression?

Or does depression cause low self-esteem and anxiety?

Or both?

Common Symptoms of Depression

Physical

* Changes in sleeping pattern: much more or much less?
    * Changes in eating patterns: much more or much less?
    * Fatigue, loss of energy.
    * Headaches, stomachaches or otherwise inexplicable aches and pains.

Behavioral/Attitude

* Diminished interest in and enjoyment of previously pleasurable activities-sex, sports, hobbies, going out with friends, etc.
    * Difficulty concentrating or making decisions.
    * Neglecting responsibilities and personal appearance.

Emotional

* Depressed mood-can mean feeling down, apathetic, irritable, pessimistic,hopeless, negative, guilty, anxious, empty, etc.
    * Suicidal thoughts.
    * Feeling hopeless and helpless.
    * Feelings of worthlessness.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Possible Contributing Factors to Depression

Environmental: Cramped living conditions, bad roommate situation, money problems, car problems, holidays you're not looking forward to, having a tough time with classes, too much pressure on you, feeling helpless to change your environment, loss of something significant (a job, a dream, etc.), being victimized (assault, robbery, rape, etc.).

Interpersonal: Relationship problems or break-up, conflicts with parents or family members, death of significant person in your life, the anniversary of a loss, feeling like people are taking advantage of you, unresolved anger or guilt, feeling helpless to effect changes in important relationships.,

Physical/Medical/Biological: Food allergies, unhealthy diet, genetic predisposition ("it runs in the family"), chemical imbalances, dealing with illness or infection, sleep deprivation, chronic anxiety..

Diet/Exercise: Getting by on fast food, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, potato chips, and other relatively non-nutritious items; substance abuse; lack of exercise.

Cognitive: Negative self-talk, self criticism, pessimistic thinking, catastrophic thinking, anticipatory anxiety, low sense of self-worth.

Spiritual/Existential/Philosophical: Doubts about the meaning of life; questions about your own religious beliefs; a sense that you're somehow missing out on your true calling or pathor that you're not being true to yourself, your dreams, your beliefs.

WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?

There are actually a lot of things you can do about depression. The most important thing is that you do something positive and constructive.

* Make a list of any problems, concerns, or negative feelings you have that relate to each of the areas. (It also helps to identify which of the areas are sources of strength, support, positive feelings.)

* As you break the depression down into smaller, more manageable contributing parts, some solutions will seem clear to you. Again, we're not operating on an "Either-Or" assumption---that you either have depression or you don't; we're assuming a continuum of depressive feelings or symptoms.

* So any changes you can make for the better, though they may not "fix" the depression or make it go away immediately, are definitely worth doing.

* Depression can leave you feeling helpless and out of control of your life, your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. You want to regain and experience more power and control; you want to get to the point where you feel like you can do something to improve your situation and life.

* So for instance, you may realize that relationship problems are a key contributor to your depression, and decide that assertiveness or communications training would really help remedy that situation.

* Or you might notice that for you the symptoms are largely physical and choose to get a medical check-up to rule out other possible problems.

* Perhaps parental pressures and expectations have been burdening you and you'll decide to have that long, honest talk with your parents.

* Go over each area and do your own self-assessment, then write down what you think it would take to help the situation. No two lists will be exactly alike, but several general strategies often are beneficial to people struggling with feelings of depression.

Develop a more healthy, balanced diet:
    We aren't made to run on junk, fat, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes.
    Get regular exercise and sufficient sleep:
    For exercise, walking is fine. The times when you least feel like doing it might be the times you need to do it most. Cutting yourself short on sleep can really contribute to a downward spiral in other areas.
    Develop stress skills and time management skills:
    These will be very helpful in surviving college and keeping yourself from feeling overwhelmed and down.
    Check in with your emotional self regularly:
    Learn to be aware of your feelings and not let them build up to the point where they overwhelm you, bring you down, and cause even bigger problems in your life.
    Develop and use a support system:
    Most people don't mind being around someone who's depressed, especially if you tell them what would be helpful, as in the examples below.

Remember, DEPRESSION IS TREATABLE!

:hug1: ma sis

:up; v.good work. :applaud;

:givefl; for u

AoA! Hi!

Depression? Whats that? Well, well, just kiddin' as we all are quite aware of it and it's consequences and effects.

I combat with it by praying and offering extra Nawafils and when it intensifies, I cry and cry out loud. Imaging Almighty watching me and listenin' to me. And trust me, it works wonderfully!

Yunus bhai can I have your Eliza Plz

God Bless You All!

P.S. Request to Yunus bhai and all others! Call me Nutter, Nutty, Nutsi, Nutt Bolt anything you want but please don't suffix JI with it! Thankew!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

Quote Originally Posted by RAHEN @ Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:42 pm
    :hug1: ma sis

:up; v.good work. :applaud;

:givefl; for u
    aww..thanks :hug1:

Right.Ill hook u up with Eliza soon nutt bolt.Now .dnt u complain..I liked this nick the best.

P.s.=Heya Nuttbolt.

Take charge of your health 1 step at a time.

I am not depressed anymore, THANKFULLY.
    Dream, I do.