Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan and the War on terror

Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai believes that ISI (and the government) is responsbile for every act of terrorism in his country. A recently (leaked?) document from the Ministry of defense in UK mentions a prospective change in policies and requests the demolition of ISI.

What is your take on that? Do you really think that Pakistan is not doing enough to eradicate terrorists (or terrorism, for that matter) from the country? I will follow your comments with mine here. Lets discuss!
    Dream, I do.

Well i still think that Pakistan and ISI still have a soft corner in their hearts for Talibaan.Still they are doing enough,may be more than enough.
    Taliban is a Afghani Problem.
    Well Mr. Karzai have no Right to show with finger with us.We are still helping them,he should thnx Pres. Musharaf for his help and he should also take some actions against Talibans( i mean Musharaf per ilzaam lagane ke bajae kud kyun Talibaan ko khatam nahi kerte,after all Taliban Afghanistan main hain).

A soft corner for taliban or a soft corner for Al Qaeda? If someone is to be blamed on for both of these organizations then it's CIA because they funded them with weapons and finances during the Afghan-Soviet war. Now that the times have changed, this whole terrorism subject has become more of a Pakistan problem than a western one. Now if you remember, Musharraf survived a couple of suicide attacks on him, so why would taliban/alqaida attack Musharraf if he had kept a soft corner for them?

Pakistan is doing whatever possible to kick terrorism out of itself but there is more that needs to be done. Terrorists are not being manufactured within madrassah's. They are being manufactured in central jails, in police stations. People here are poor and they need something to feed their own stomach. The whole financial problems and the ever increasing inflation rates are the real culprits. These terrorist organizations offer monetary incentives to these poor people & in return, use them to get their job done with the help of radical brainwashing (heaven and hoors) & lifetime support for their family when they are dead. Take lashkar-e-Jhangvi as an example, they are a terrorist group responsible for religious & secretarian violence. They (and other similar groups) outsource criminals from jails once they are released (or possibly by bribing the police) and hire them as a jihadist.

As for Hamid Karzai: What does he have to say about the poppy cultivation in his own country? He needs to clean his own backyard before jumping out at a neighbouring country which has always helped Afghanistan by all means. It's a shame that Afghanistan has elected such an ungrateful ass as their president.
    Dream, I do.

Well i never said that Musharaf have a soft corner for them Plus Musharaf have lot of enemies who re intrested in his death,so how can one say that it was Al-Qaedda or Talibaan.
    I totally agree with you about about Madarsa stuff.Today i was watching a documantry about Christan"MADARSAAS" they re also doing the same thing.In my opinion Terrorisam is that what usa and Israel re doing,and not the Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by manni9, post: 187716
    Well i still think that Pakistan and ISI still have a soft corner in their hearts for Talibaan.
    Given that we are supposed to take it in context, does that not mean Musharraf? He is the president of Pakistan. How can you say that you were not talking about Musharraf?

I strongly believe that terrorists have no religion at all.. I don't even consider them as human beings.
    Dream, I do.

Yes i think ISI is stronger than Musharaf.
    Well what is terrorisam?
    i think Killing inocet ppl in any part of the world,this is terrorisam,but fighting for your country is the war of Independece.They calls Kashmiry Mujahedeen also Terrorists,the ppl fighting against usa n co. in Iraq re they terrorists or Freedom fighters?
    Ppl involving in 9/11,Madrid and London Bombing And the Goverments attacking Kashmir,Afghanistan Iraq etc. they all re Terrorists(or none of them)

What country are you talking about.Isnt the country already yours.Do quote in context .I seem to miss some of your ideas.

hmm Wat i think is that There is always Problem With Karzai As Said by Prime Minister That Pak is always there 4 Afghanistan as Helping hands But in His Press or Debate he Always pushes Pak as terrorist or Promoting the terrorism.He can only Blam Pak 4 that or otherwise if he blame America he will be definitely killed.And still pak have a soft Corner ??

Now the Question that Wat Pak Is doing ??
    There is Nothing to see practical that Wat is done by Pak to end Terrorism.We can only seee long debtaes quotes or analysis on this topic and nothing else.
    Actually pak alone Cant do anything.The Biggest Promoting terror in this world is Israel.Now Wat Can Pak Do against them,As all non-muslim relations between them and secondly Israell all done that Under American Supervision.

To Fight Against terror First of all muslims Have to Be united But we r not the recent example is that Iran didnt allowed the Saudia Arabians Plane taking Aid and food shelter 4 Libnanis to Fly over their Country.Now where is The BrotherHood? Pak Have Done nothing 4 terrorism and Cant Do anything till we r not united.
    You know What i Mean!

As much as I know about Pakistan and follow up with news then I think that people's prespective is always from Micro level of country where this issue is related to both Micro and Macro level of Pakistan.

Firstly, answering your question then as much as I got to know by reading President Musharraf's "In Line of Fire", I learned that Pakistan is trying to fight on front against terrorism. It is not that simple to just put ur views on it. I don't know if Pakistani citizens feel that the crime rate is reduced in specific areas where the terrorist groups been removed or not but I think Pakistan is fighting its ground well.

We are not surrounded by friends geographically (India on one side with Kashmir issue in one hand and Afghanistan on other side having USA along on our necks) I think Mr. President is dealing with situation very well. We have to secure our national interest first than thinking about brotherhood. Would it be great if US had accepted India's offer to support them against terrorism?

Quoting OMAR on what Pakistan is doing:
    I don't know what results you want to acheive by sayin' Pakistan is not doing anything "practically". Have you ever thought of those soldiers and Pakistanis involved in this "Talaiban Crisis" fighting on Afghan border? Have u visited FATA region? I am 100% sure that this stand of Pakistan on terrorism must have changed at least something which you might not be able to see in your daily life.

As a normal and ordinary citizen, I got a chance to be with Pakistan Army right on L.O.C facing enemy openly, and have seen how our soldiers fighting for our honor, and one forgets that they also have families and normal lives but they are sacrificing all this for a nation which only knows how to criticize. Nobody is 100% perfect!

As to ALL MUSLIMS NEED TO BE UNITED:
    OIC failed, The Arab League failed, and several other Islamic institutions were made but never functioned properly because our dear Arab brothers forgot in Palestine - Israel conflict to secure 2 things:

1 - To acheieve Economic and Political unity and stability among the Arab (Islamic) states.

2 - The desire of many Arabs to put an end to foreign intervention in their countries because The Middle East attracted a lot of foreign attention from both Western and communist powers, due to its strategic position and rich oil resources.

Why not to blame Saudis for supporting Afghanistan so dearly. Even people of Saudi Arabia openly sent donations to the Talaibans but nobody questions that?

Why not to blame your dear brother Egypt? They have the most loose record on this end! They signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1979 and had a hit on promoting tourism and cultural exchanges on both sides. They were the one not provoding financial support to OIC as promised and they never showed interest in OIC. It was because of them that The Arab League fell apart because they signed a peace treaty with Israel. They were the ones also withdrawing from debate on controversial Danish Cartoons recently. They never lived up to the expectations.

Why to blame Pakistan because it always supported the idea of unity and peace? Pakistan was one of the member states along Saudi Arabia which regularly paid a certain amount of money to OIC as promised from its GDP. (all member states pay a specific amount of money to OIC from its GDP so OIC can take out its tasks to promote economic and political unity among Islamic countries). It was again Egypt which lack the interest and many other countries fail to show serious interest in OIC.

What can Pakistan do in this situation? Can't baby sit all Islamic countries, or can we?

Arabs blamed Britian that they were sympathic towards Jews(israelis) and also Americans to support the idea of creation of Israel which resulted that UN created Israel in 1948 in Palestine. One needs to ask this simple question who controls the ecnomoy in USA today? Try checking the recent stats and research on all big industrialists and tycoons in USA.

Yet Pakistan can't do anything then I would say you really underestimate Pakistani stand on this issue!
    Live Like a Hawk, Die Like a Hawk!

STILL getting the baseline..Will comment soon.