words of Mahatma Gandhi

Discussion in 'Teen Talks' started by heman, Jan 21, 2008.

1. heman

heman Banned

Mahatma Gandhi said it...

I have noticed that nothing I have never said ever did me any harm.

Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you.".

Don't let anybody walk trough your mind with dirty feet.

Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

We must become the change we want to see.

He that would have the fruit must climb the tree.

Journalism consists largely in saying "Lord Jones died" to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive.

I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults of the first.

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.

The outward freedom that we shall attain will only be in exact proportion to the inward freedom to which we may have grown at a given moment. And if this is a correct view of freedom, our chief energy must be concentrated on achieving reform from within. -Gandhi.

The fragrance always remains on the hand that gives the rose. -Gandhi.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you. Then you win.
  2. ViSIoN

ViSIoN New Member

thanks you...4 shearing...
  3. heman

heman Banned

my pleasure always
  4. raiazlan

raiazlan New Member

inspiring onez
  5. heman

heman Banned

thanks and i am glad that all liked it here
  6. villies

villies New Member

nyc sharing heman... It waz nyc reading
  7. RAHEN

RAHEN Team leader

after feeling badly broken..feel good by reading this...thanks a lot for sharing...keep it up..:up;
  8. heman

heman Banned

why what happened RAHEN ji.why are you badly broken;tell me if i am not being too inquisitive
  9. ViSIoN

ViSIoN New Member

Welcome...jii
  10. VS Prasad

VS Prasad New Member

There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole World blind.

The only devils in this world are those running around in our own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought.

When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love has always won. There have been murderers and tyrants, and for a time they can seem invincible. But in the end they always fall. Think of it, always.

What you do is of little significance; but it is very important that you do it.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Nature can provide for the needs of people; [she] can't provide for the greed of people.

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world - (on Satyagraha)

It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.

We win justice quickest by rendering justice to the other party.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Your post count must be 1 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s)